Inktober 2023

His face is so expressive, I almost feel bad for him. :joy:

2 Likes

Another little snippet. This is not actually for today’s prompt, but for SPICY. I’m not doing fancy art for quite a few of the days. Trying to work ahead so I can put the whole zine together and get it sent before the end of October.

5 Likes

‘Map’

I’ve had ‘how to draw fantasy map features’ tutorials pinned for a while, so I tried a few out. Then, I got bored. It feels unfinished, but I can’t dig up any dopamine to continue. :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

Wow! Pretty cool! Did you have a particular fantasy place in mind?

1 Like

Thanks! No, just doodling. I used the UK as sort of a guide to draw a big, oddly-shaped island.

2 Likes

You did this “freehand”? I have seen a guide where you use rice, and spill it out and outline the rice to get your shape of the world.
Been wanting to try that, but havent happened yet.

But you map looks cool! Let it rest and maybe you can finished it further on?

4 Likes

I’ve seen the rice thing, too! It looks like an awesome hack. I was going to try that, but I was hesitant to make a mess that I would have to tidy up. :joy:

I might come back to it and add a few details, especially to the coast and the islands, maybe a sea monster. Too much more on the big island might make it look crowded.

3 Likes

For the prompt “golden,” after asking my children to play more quietly for the upteenth time…

I made this.

It’s a high pain day and I just… didn’t have the energy for all the screaming :sob:

Hopefully humour helps with coping lol

5 Likes

I pulled up a reference photo and sketched this out in pencil before filling in details in ink. My inner raven, chasing all that glittering gold.

6 Likes

Started watching the movie last night. It’s hilarious :joy:

Love your lettering, @LindyBlues! And yes, all parents know that quote to be true!

@tendstowardschaos, your raven is very cool! Love the detail in the feathers and necklace.

I did make a zine page for GOLDEN, but there’s not much actual artwork, so I’ll skip posting it.

2 Likes

Quick and a little cartoonish.

5 Likes

I have a little one for “toad” … of course, it’s not a toad; it’s a toadstool.

8 Likes

That’s awesome! I love it!

I found a picture of the one-eyed toad that used to hang out in my garden and drew him for today’s prompt.

6 Likes

I really love the technique you used to do the pattern on the toad. Pointillism? Must have taken a long time!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been trying a few different shading techniques in ink… it’s easier in pencil or paint! The stark black and white is tricky.

2 Likes

For “fortune”, I’m making one of those fortune-teller/cootie catcher thingies, but with a Gothic twist.

Not finished with it yet, but this is its current state.

9 Likes

Ooh, that’s fun!

1 Like

:flushed: whoa, amazeballs! Wow, I hope you’ll make copies of that. That would be such a neat idea for a swap…

1 Like

That’s so intricate and elegant!

1 Like