Inspiration from this video Miniature Chinese Medicine Dollhouse question?

See this video this morning and got thinking… Is it possible to make something similar but to house bottles 5 ml, 10 ml, 1oz jars, 20 ml jars, 25 ml jars and how to upscale for things to fit? Has anyone made something similar?

2 Likes

You’re a crafter, you can make anything!
Just make the drawers/cupboards the size you need, and use materials you’re comfortable with.

@Bunny1kenobi made a lovely one from chipboard(?)

Which inspired me to make one on the 3D printer. Apothecary cabinets

3 Likes

Matboard and card stock. And, although I was pleased with it, it was not nearly as pretty as this one! :smile:

2 Likes

when designing something with drawers, I’ve found it best to make a sample drawer first, then use its outside measurements plus a little extra to plan the holes the drawers go in.
Before I understood that, I wound up with lots of drawers that didn’t fit the holes.

3 Likes

Find an advent calendar that you like the size of and use that for reference! They come in all shapes and sizes. I’ve also seen unfinished ones similar in style in craft stores.

2 Likes

Today using empty rx meds pills packages and some tiny leftovers kids clay making color tablets, these will air dry.
Some bits dried herbs used small piece baking paper to wrap like they wrap med powders at pharmacy in the 1960s.

2 Likes

This is really good advice

2 Likes

Yes, it is possible to make something similar to house bottles, jars and other containers for different sizes. Many people have made similar designs for their home or lab. Here are some examples:

1. A wooden box with removable dividers and adjustable shelves that can be used to store different sized bottles, jars, and containers.

2. A rack system with adjustable shelves and dividers that can be used to store different sized bottles, jars, and containers.

3. A custom-made storage system with adjustable shelves and dividers that can be used to store different sized bottles, jars, and containers.

4. A cube-style storage unit with removable dividers and adjustable shelves that can be used to store different sized bottles, jars, and containers.

No matter which type of storage system you decide to use, you can easily upscale it to fit different sizes of bottles, jars, and containers.

1 Like