Invite Your Partner 2021 GALLERY!

@Bunny1kenobi That needlebook is so cool. I received a very basic felt one in a swap probably more than 5 years ago on the old site in a swap and still use it everyday. And it’s definitely good and functional, but NOT THAT GORGEOUS!

4 Likes

WOWEE! What a great package! Amazing firsts! It’s hard to pick a favorite, but… well, I can’t! There’s like something from almost every category if crafting in there! You’ve really mastered making practical things also charming and beautiful things, @Bunny1kenobi!

5 Likes

I am catching up on all the awesomeness of the gallery. WOW! We have the most talented crafty peeps on this site… and the most generous!

7 Likes

@whistlefish and @Kwality570, I’m so glad you two ladies could make your swap work! With the participants I had, the purpose of everyone making a new friend, and the normal shipping/allergies, I had to wait and see if I could make it work out, so I’m grateful for you two that the IYP was going at the same time so you for sure could be partnered, so yay! How lucky is that?

@whistlefish, how lucky are you to have TWO marvelous kwality monsters? SOOOO lucky! The crochet bag is beautiful. I love that stitch. @Kwality570, what is it called? The magnet is beautiful! I hope @MightyMitochondria scrolls up a bit and sees this because she’d adore it! Lots of nifty camping things too! Just fantastic!

@Bunny1kenobi you really spoiled @tendstowardschaos! I love how pretty you wrapped everything! What a clever bookmark! The needlebook is gorgeous!! I just want to touch it!I love the originality of the leather belt pouch! And, how special both of you make the pearl jewelry. It’s not my style to wear, but I most certainly admire it’s beauty! And more camping goodies! Great shirt! Love the to-do list and the gorgeous return label especially. So much fun stuff!

Loving this gallery!

7 Likes

yay!!!i’m glad it made it there!!! the pinwheel purse has been on my To Knit list for awhile and it seemed like just the thing to send you!!

but enough about me!! that kwailty monster is the bomb!! (nevermind the rest of the package…what a great mail day!!)

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, I did not mean to exclude commenting on your package to her! Sorry!

The pinwheel purse is an interesting design. I received one or something like it once but at the time I didn’t know what it was! It’s fun to see yours in action!

Very cool package.

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

4 Likes

Hey y’all! I’m sitting in the parking lot of my post office having just picked this up! Will be back in a bit with all the pics. EEP!

8 Likes

So many wonderful things! Baskets with bunnies, magic boxes, recipes, portkeys, monsters, leather pockets, and now a mystery package with popcorn tape! Not sure I can handle the crafty goodness!

2 Likes

Thank you for tagging me, @Lynx. There are some absolutely gorgeous items in this gallery!

3 Likes

Are you sitting down? Because I sure was glad I was when I opened my Box of Wonder from @Bunny1kenobi! Hoo boy!

FromDeanna01
Yup, I tore right into the card envelope before I realized I should be photographing as I go. Then I saw that the card talked about the contents, so I shut it right back up to read at the end.

FromDeanna02
So bountiful! And beautiful!

Delia LOVES packages being opened. So of course, she had to see what was up. I will get better photos of the pieces she helped “model” a bit later.

Lookit this adorable opossum needle book! ACK! I am super into opossums these days and this made be give a little squee!

Super pretty and cheery infinity scarf thingy! I don’t know what it’s called, but I know I’ll be wearing it while it’s still chilly here in the mountains! Delia… well, she has her own style and refused to pose for the photo. She decided to go back to whatever she was doing after this indignity.

Oooo! Fancinesses! I kept opening pieces and then there was another one to open. Definitely my colors and chill jam! I love that we both did leather crafting for each other, too!

I opened this awhaleable-side up and was quite befuddled. I could tell it was a pun, but couldn’t figure out what for. Then I turned it over to the octopied side: OH! AHAHAHAAA! Then sometime soon after I was looking at a Star Trek thing and now I can only hear this as “available” as spoken by Commander Chekov! It’s vinyl on wood and the weeding must’ve been an absolute beast! But it turned out great! Now I have to decided which bathroom door this is going to beautify!

Well, I have a big ol’ noggin annnnd super thick hair, so it’s not unusual for a hat to not be big enough, but this one was way not big enough. I searched for adjustment possiblities and TheMisterT - who was sitting across from me at the table, “working” - stuck his hand out and I asked, “are you asking for my hat?” He said, “it doesn’t fit you, it’s my hat.” He has a little peanut cranium with almost no hair - ahem. But it was too small for him! Then we knew it had to be adjustable unless Deanna had made a child’s small! Was this for Delia? Then we found it! And several minutes later when I read the card, I got an extra giggle out of the whole thing! I’ll get a better shot of the cool Bigfoot design she made on it.

Speaking of TheMisterT, she also made these teensy weensy little books with covers from his first 2 novels and a sweet little drawstring bag that they came in!

FromDeanna15
And the hat and books came in this super cool triangle box that is mysteriously constructed and reminds me of the knit box that @Whistlefish received from @mel! It doesn’t twist and such, but the folds are miraculous!

I have realized that I missed photographing something, so will get one of that and when I get better ones I mentioned

9 Likes

PART 2

I hope everyone has had a chance to stretch their legs and visit the snack bar and/or restroom during our intermission. Now let’s get down to business.

FromDeanna13
I had photographed, but neglected to include awesome cryptid return address labels in Part 1! What a chump. I actually have “make more return address labels” on my to-do list! Or, I did until today! The handmade card with a nice note is in this shot, too.

@Bunny1kenobi also made this magnetic notepad with a fun Star Wars/Trek mashup illustration she made! I think the Borg might change their ways if they assimilated a Yoda. The Yoda? Just Yoda? They just speak to plainly, you know?

And here are the better photos of the crafty awesomeness you’ve already seen!

The neckwear and the earrings!

It has decided to snow again these last couple of days (not enough to stick) so I got to wear this for Delia’s afternoon fetch sesh.

The needlebook!

FromDeanna03b
So much Northern Hemisphere Marsupial Goodness!

Headwear!
FromDeanna11a
She’s an Expert Stenciler!

I immediately thought to see if those wee little books would fit on the bookself of my Dr Morrison Hedwith Basement Laboratory diorama! They didn’t fit on there (everything is glued down) but they did stash under his work table. I think that Dr. Hedwith wouldn’t want people to know he “wasted” his time reading fiction, anyway, and would keep such nonsense tucked away.
FromDeanna09a

So, I guess everyone going to have to shout, “spoiler alert!” every time @Bunny1kenobi enters a room! DUDE. So spoiled.

13 Likes

Just to give credit where it is due: the card was made by @geekgirl- I got it in a swap, but it looked like it was destined for @TheMistressT. :hugs:

I’m sure glad you liked your package! The scarf looks good on you!

2 Likes

This is an amazing awesome package off wonderfulness!!!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

The opossum’s expression! Love it!

3 Likes

Thank you!!!

@TheMistressT I am really tickled that those books are little Easter eggs in your lab!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Someone looks like she had Christmas in March!!! wow…again, cute cute cute needlebook!

And the jewelry…just gorgeous…you are going to be living it high in the country!

3 Likes

@whistlefish and I participated in this swap as a mini Make-a-Friend swap. We sent our first packages with our small about me item and letter and she sent me an amazing Travelers Journal in a pretty light blue/grey color with planner items she gathered for me and inserts she customized for me. It came in this amazing little sewn bag she made for me. All of it is in gorgeous springy beautiful colors.

And for my medium item, she sent me THIS AMAZING OFFICE DECOR:

I’m the only marketing person we have at work and I am often referring to myself as being stuck on marketing island all by myself. When she asked what I’d like her to make for me, I knew it was a big wish, but I asked for some signage for my office that either said “Welcome to Marketing Island” or “Mayor of Marketing Island.” Boy did she deliver. This is even better than I could have ever imagined! She even stylized the little island to look like Animal Crossing!!!
Here’s a closeup shot of some of the gorgeous stitching:

And not only was this cross-stitch way beyond a medium in size and scope, she said she felt like she wanted to include more, so she did!
I got this amazing 4x6 watercolor artwork:

Some very cool stickers:

And…one of my weaknesses in life, a pencil pouch. She sewed it in the absolute most gorgeous fabric and added a sharpie and a neat mechanical pencil inside:

Thank you soooo very much, Whistlefish. I still can’t get over just how amazing this package is. I feel so spoiled!!! I’m so glad you agreed to be my partner.

13 Likes

Woooooo! what a great package! It’s hard for me to pick a favorite (I bet you know what that’s like, @Kwality570) but it might just be your new cubical sign!

Or the pouch.

Maybe the watercolor?

1 Like