Invite Your Partner 2021 GALLERY!

oh gosh, that cat portrait! …I got a lovely box full of owls from @artsycandice (there are 10, but half still wrapped as my child insisted I leave some for her, & then she ran off w/ one of the open ones​:grin:…) and my ocarina has swirly bits. :green_heart:

11 Likes

Awww @gozer… how wonderful that @artsycandice made something so lovely and heartfelt! This was the perfect package for you!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

@artsycandice you are a gem! Those owls are super cute, too!

3 Likes

Those owls! Wowls! They look like they would fit so satisfyingly in one’s palm.

3 Likes

So many amazing ceramic creations, @artsycandice! The ocarinas are so pretty and the owls are adorable. But, the kitty…what a beautiful and touching thing that is. :heart:

5 Likes

Everything in this gallery is spectacular!! I’m a bit behind on comments, but I’m going to take some time soon to go back through and really enjoy admiring everything again. you guys are all extraordinary!! :heart: :rainbow:

Also, just a little reminder - please send me a PM when you receive :love_letter: I’m trying to keep up to date with the info in the first post, so just let me know if anything needs updating. Thanks!

2 Likes

I received from @thanate this weekend. I asked for crafty badges and she delivered! I am not sure what I will do with them yet but ideas are brewing. Thank you so much for swapping with me!

11 Likes

Those are fabulous!

1 Like

All the badges! ACK! They’re all either so fun/ny or pretty!

2 Likes

Gorgeous!

Enjoy! (I think I might have forgotten to mention that the pale green thread glows in the dark…)

1 Like

This gallery is just crazy off the charts!

3 Likes

I received a super amazing package from @AuFish today! It was totally worth the wait!

Everything:

The woodpecker hoop up close:

It’s kinetic, too! If you pull the adorable tiny hoops independently, the woodpecker pecks the wood! Did you see the marks?

Close up of the awesome wood-burned tiny hoops:

And their adorable backs:

So cool!

But, that’s not all. She felt bad about sending late, so she sent this amazing punch needle(?) goldfinch!

(I had specifically requested birds that were not hummingbirds and grosbeaks so I could have something different and boy did she deliver!)

Close up:

She also included a cute crocheted pup to signify my sweet Mia that she had intended to include in a different swap…love that sweater!

And, in the first photo, she sent Zazzles more catnip and a “recover well” cat toy for her dental surgery a few weeks ago.

@AuFish, I love it all! You were so generous! Thank you for swapping with me!

(I’ll have to come back and catch up on all the other new things posted.)

7 Likes

This swap package is full of great ways to feather your nest! Kinetic hoopla!? Yes, please! Pets-inspired lovelies? Yes, please! Fuzzy little goldfinch? Absolutely!

2 Likes

Kinetic hoop??? Whaaaaa??? Never seen something so cool!

2 Likes

The woodpecker hoop is amazing! And really cool…

I also love the goldfinch…

1 Like

A kinetic hoop! That’s amazing!

1 Like

I’m so glad that you like it add that it all arrived safely, @Lynx!

The goldfinch is punch needle embroidery. A new hobby that is very therapeutic.

The woodpecker was a fun puzzle to figure out. I’ve made a kinetic hoop before on the other site and it was great to flex those brain cells a little bit again.

There are so many great packages. The elegance of the owls and Frida… The amazing bags! A great swap!

2 Likes

Now that I have a hot minute, I can finally take some time to admire all the goodies I’ve missed commenting on!

First, @Bunny1kenobi, That is the cutest opposum!! The needle book looks so soft! I just want to touch it! Delia is a darling and so cute posing in the scarf! Beautiful jewelry! I’m dying over those great sea life puns. Great hat! I love the triangular box! Phew…

And… I’m seriously drooling over those custom return labels and notepads. @TheMistressT you look absolutely gorgeous in the scarf, too!

Next up, @whistlefish’s fantastic package:
Wowee wow! What a phenomenal planner! The “Mayor of Marketing Island” cross-stitch is fantastic and very clever! I love the pretty floral watercolor painting! Very pretty zip pouch!

@gozer I am seriously crushing on your crafting abilities! I think you are becoming the queen of everything! The bag is epic and all the matching items, too! Nice!

@kittykill ALL the Frida love! Holy moly!

@artsycandice Venkman! Oh, the tears! How special! The handful of owls is so clever and cute! I can’t wait to find out what you do with all those awesome patches from @thanate!

I think I’m caught up now! Good gracious, this gallery is spectacular!

5 Likes

Today I have the fantastic package to share that geekgirl sent to me! We chose the Mini-Make a Friend rules with one item about the maker and one item crafted towards the recipient and oh my, I am so happy! I love both pieces so so much and they are so perfect, I can’t stop smiling. (shhh, here may have been some tears of joy too) I love the card too — and I’d say it counts as an extra because it’s left blank so I can use it, too

image image

So first of course is something made from paper and paint, and it is a gorgeous diary/notebook. There are seriously so many pages, it’s 3cm (more than 1") high when it lays flat. It has so many different types of paper and bags and goodies hidden inside, it takes a long while just to look at everything. I don’t know if I’ll do anything with it but admire and play with it, or actually use it as a memory keeper. Many of the pages trigger very distinct memories as it is, so I could add lots more. And this binding system with the discs is so much fun, I’ve only ever seen it used in projects here or on C and Pinterest, now I know how it works. And that I can even add more pages!

Here are a some of my favourites:
project planning, purple with velvety dots, paper bag/gelli print (I guess?), collage, heart, photocopied master board (from a swap?) and look at that tiny piece, looks like a sunrise by Monet,
envelope with card/ATC blanks… one even made by me from the masterboard swap

image image image image image image image image image

I can’t stop. There are so many. And there is so much teal and purple that will just show up blue in the pictures…

Anyway, then I unwrapped the for me-item. Shape and weight and feel of the package had already told me it would be a hoop, and Carlee had already mentioned the theme in the letter. And the execution is perfect (I guessed as much as I already have a hoop by her with a different theme). Just look at this gorgeous, epic embroidered hoop for my craft room:

There is so much in here for me! First of course I love embroidery painting, especially if it’s made just for me. Then it is Van Gogh’s Starry Night, but (and this is important) it does not have the stupid mountains (I hate mountains) and it has a moon (not just stars, although stars are. I have a poster of Van Gogh’s other starry painting, Starry Night Over the Rhone, in my bedroom (that I hardly get to see as it’s dark at night), and now I have it right next to me on the wall. I will move it closer to the window eventually when I put up the rest of my collection of art made by my crafty friends. And now you may wonder why I’m flipping over something so vividly blue (and yellow) instead of secretly missing all the teals and black from the original? That’s easily explained: I believe Carlee must have found out I like several of the mashups (and I already own a C&H shirt), so I was missing Dr Who. And here it is! So it is Tardis blue, and even embroidered on Tardis fabric. I love that it is kind of subtle and that it matches the vague memories I have of the old series from when I was a kid.

So thank you so much Carlee, from the bottom of my heart! I’m so happy you wanted to swap with me again and be friends.

11 Likes

One of those would have been perfect…two, perfect-er!

The notebook is so full of lovely pages and art…it is a treasure for sure. What a great idea to use those large disks for binding. Looks like your book can grow if you want it to!

The hoop is fantastic! I love the mishmash…it is so personal to you and your interests…what a beauty to have on your wall!

2 Likes