COMPETE Invite Your Partner 2024 Swap - NEW SEND DATE - Send Out April 2

A little of both - sometimes I can see what I want to make and it works (after a re-try or two) - and sometimes it wants to go its own way and evolve into something completely different!

3 Likes

I wrapped up the monster and magnet swaps so I can finally shift focus to this one! Hoping to make some major progress this weekend.

7 Likes

I’ve got one mostly done and a plan for the second but haven’t started it yet.

5 Likes

I received from my lovely partner @Bunny1kenobi over a week ago! I have held off wearing what she sent until I could get good pictures.

I don’t think we have a gallery yet!

8 Likes

Oh, thanks for the reminder! Sorry everyone, I will get onto that now!

4 Likes

The gallery is up :smile: - GALLERY!

I’m looking forward to seeing all the fabulous things!

10 Likes

I finished my 4x6 art for @jemimah tonight! Now for an extra or two and I can send next week.

6 Likes

Exciting!! :smile:

3 Likes

A lovely woman in my knitting group (she actually crochets, but is welcomed because she wants to learn to knit!) helped me out with a project I am slowly working on…it has sped up my process by 3 times!!! Yes, I am starting over, but, it will be worth it! Less frustrating and much faster.

Also, got everything together for my second partner…so that should go along pretty fast as well.

I am going to have to get everything done soon as I will be so busy in March!

9 Likes

I ended up with two shifts at the library last week, in addition to homeschooling the kids, as well as filling out 3 separate government applications, one of which was 16 pages long… plus completing my oldest’s registration package for high school, which is due March 4th (and requires a lot of phone calls because I completely forgot abou ther grade 7 immunizations :grimacing:) …

All that’s to say, I didn’t work on my pieces for this swap last week, as there just wasn’t enough time. But today is a holiday here in Ontario, and I decided to do what I wanted to do—which was make art. So my second piece is now finished. I also finished the first draft of a third piece, and will put it into its final form later today.

I am really enjoying the process and hope my partner will like the goodies I’m working on :heart:

5 Likes

Somebody might have said they like greens.

12 Likes

We had some unexpected events in the family that threw off my schedule, but I am back on track now.
I didn’t answer the check-in question. I usually have a good idea of what I will make and how I want it to turn out. Sometimes, things get tweaked, but it’s recognizable as to what I wanted.

6 Likes

ooops! I didn’t even notice there was a check-in question until I saw @gozer’s message (I hope you’re all OK, by the way!)

When I’m making things I have a clear idea of what the thing will be, but not exactly how it will turn out. I treat “how to draws”, inspiration pictures, and the like as I treat recipes: they’re a starting point, but the final product will have my own flavour and style.

So I may start drawing something that I know will be a mermaid, but the actual look of the mermaid isn’t pictured in my head, I just start and go with it.

Having said that, I often just sit down and start doodling, and then the doodle will eventually turn into something.

So I suppose I’m a bit of both.

Apologies for any typos… I’m to exhausted to proofread

5 Likes

someone does like greens!! and someone has actually figured out what they’re making for someone else!! hoping to get it started this weekend.

5 Likes

I need something from a stupid store that closes at 5:30, I work across town until 5 :confused:
Aside from that, I could keep going or I could be finished, I dunno. Cooped up in the house all long weekend, I kinda got a lot done. I have a bit of special fabric left & a couple more ideas tho. What to do… what.to.do. That store will have to wait until Saturday. I might as well keep going, right?

3 Likes

Heh, I know the feeling. I finished a piece for @jemimah and I could stop there…but I keep looking at it and thinking “it needs more ____.” And possibly a bell. There’s that point where you go from “that’s nice” to “evrything in my craft room is on this thing” and it’s a fine, fine line. :joy:

7 Likes

Ahaha!! You can never have too much ________!!! :joy_cat:

6 Likes

big crafts are done. Now the little ones and finishing touches and they are ready to take on our trip

4 Likes

I started sketching for one project but still have a ways to go. I should probably stop procrastinating :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just posted my piece from @bluebird in the gallery! You should check it out!!!

GALLERY!

7 Likes