James Duck

After finishing Victor Frog last week, I absolutely couldn’t wait to start another cute crocheted critter! And wow, I must have really caught the crochet bug from @storerboughtcreation, because I finished it in just over a week (with looooooots of help from SBC over Skype)!

Meet James Duck!

This little guy is from “Animal Friends of Pica Pau 2,” the sequel to the book with Victor Frog. I made him for my parents, who have a duck motif going on in the family room (and kind of spreading all over the whole first floor, since people have caught on and keep giving them more ducks). Like with Victor, I had to learn a whole bunch of new-to-me techniques to make this guy: shaping the back for his little duck butt, making the scalloped wings, and making the stripes and pom-pom for the hat. Fortunately they were easier to pick up, now that I had some more basics down from the last project. And this one is much less lumpy! XD

I was also surprised and thrilled to discover that James can actually stand on his own two feet! He takes a bit of balancing, but once he’s up, he’s up! He looked so cute standing in the kitchen last night that we left him there all night, and he was still there standing tall in the morning, not leaning on anything! Outside is a bit more challenging, because of the breeze, but I managed to get him on his feet just long enough to take this photo on the dock!

And here are a few more different angles. I am honestly SO PROUD of this little guy and can’t get over how cute he turned out! I’m DEFINITELY gonna be making more Pica Pau animals!

I also have a whole bunch of progress photos, but this is already pretty photo heavy, so I’ll just leave it here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ETA: Oh shoot; I forgot to take any photos of him with his hat off! He looks much more like a bowling pin that way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ll try to add some later!

19 Likes

He’s adorable! I might need to get the second book too!

1 Like

Thank you! It is every bit as cute as the first! My next project is also gonna be out of the second book: Philip Lobster! XD He’ll be a friend for Katsuyuki, of course :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can’t wait to see which animal you do first! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So cute! I love his hat.

1 Like

He’s adorable!

1 Like

You did such an amazing job! I love his hat and his little duck butt.

:musical_note: :microphone: then he waddled away, waddle waddle, to the very next day… :hearts:

2 Likes

Aww! He’s super cute!!

1 Like

Look at you! Look at him! You’re doing great on these amigurumi. His little hat is so fun!

1 Like

He is so adorable, and I love his photo shoot! You’ve really developed your skills quickly! And, to crank that out in a week is impressive!

1 Like

Too cute!

1 Like

So Cute!!! He kind of reminds me of Perry from Phineas and Ferb!

2 Likes

What a jaunty fellow!

1 Like

He’s so cute in his little hat!

1 Like

Hi James! You cute lil’ quacker!

2 Likes

The hat! So cute!

1 Like

I love that he stands on his own! You did awesome!

1 Like

He is so cute! I love his duck butt, that awesome hat, and the touches of pink on his cheeks!

2 Likes