Jemimah's Watercolor Planet Bird Zoom Class

When you do a class, should the participant have webcam and be active, or is it more we watch and ask questions? Im thinking of where I should sit, and if I should have a headset (if I need to speak) or if I can just watch and type if there is anything Im wondering about.

2 Likes

I think you can do whatever will be easiest for you. For this class, I think most of the time the camera will be showing the examples as I’m working on them. You don’t have to have your camera on, but I think we’ll probably invite people to say hi and show their pieces (only if you want to, no pressure). You’ll be able to ask questions verbally or through chat - whichever works best for your setup.

@kittykill is there anything else we should mention for participants?

I’m really looking forward to painting with all of you this weekend!

4 Likes

I’m so excited for the class! I was actually just bragging at work that I’m going to be taking a class from a watercolor expert in New Zealand. We have a town that’s about 25 minutes away from us called Zeeland and they thought I was going to go there for a class. I said, “No. We’re talking about the Southern Hemisphere!” For once in my life, I think I may have impressed someone. Either that or just made them very confused. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hahaha! I’m sure some people think New Zealand is fictional. It doesn’t help that we get left off world maps quite often.

5 Likes

Oh, that sounds good! Im so looking forward to this! :smiley:

1 Like

I discovered yesterday that New Zealand is actually on Prince Edward Island, less than an hour from my house

3 Likes

You don’t need a camera on you at all. You can participate in any way you feel comfortable. For zoom, some people leave their cameras on, some off and some use their phones and call in. The only person that needs the camera is the teacher. :blush:

1 Like

Hi @kittykill is it too late to join?
I got confused with the dates so I thought I couldn’t make it - but it’s actually Sunday (tomorrow) morning for me and I can! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Sure-pm me your email and I will send everything over.

1 Like

Hahaha - it’s like Howl’s moving castle!

1 Like

I’m so excited!

1 Like

Just cut out all of my templates and cut some watercolor paper to size. So excited!

2 Likes

Yay! I’m excited too. If any of you are set up and ready for the class to begin, you can make a start on your drawings while you wait, if you want to.

5 Likes

Thank you @jemimah !!

4 Likes

Thank you @jemimah! That was fun and a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

4 Likes

Thank you so much @jemimah ! It was a lovely evening (is around 23:24 right here in Sweden right now), and I had a blast, even thou I was muted and not on cam. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you so much @jemimah , this was so much fun! The painting as well as hanging out with everyone, I loved every minute of it

3 Likes

That was SO fun, thanks @jemimah and everyone else who attended! Wonderful to put faces to names.

3 Likes

This was so much fun!! Thank you @jemimah!! I think you quadrupled my knowledge of watercolors!

Here are my pieces from today

17 Likes

That was AWESOME! Thank you so much for the class. I had a great time & will watch again & practice more. I’m… not great but who cares, watercolour painting is fun!

15 Likes