Jemimah's Watercolor Planet Bird Zoom Class

Other than wishing I decided to use marker vs paintbrush for the legs, I love how these turned out!

14 Likes

@photojenn, it was so fun to see you. I really like your last card! the wing is really fun and it looks like a card!

@magpie, it was fun to see you and @pigeon! I like how your first card is horizontal and how you created the planet. The little yellow bird on the bottom might be my favorite, but I really like the one to it’s left, too. Keep at it!

5 Likes

I was a bit limited with supplies and I just used cheapie visual diary paper :see_no_evil: it was fun to play too!

(Please excuse the pencil lines… I don’t have an eraser :speak_no_evil:)

16 Likes

Those turned out really good! I’m glad you could join us!

4 Likes

Thank you everyone, it was so enjoyable to spend some time painting with you all today!!

Everyone’s birds and planets look FABULOUS!! I love how joyful they are, and how your styles are all unique. I hope you had a lot of fun and feel inspired to keep playing and experimenting with your watercolours :art: :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

And here are mine. I was just looking for the pens I forgot to find in time for the class, and they are probably well hidden away in a box somewhere in this house…

(I’m curious to see the difference tomorrow morning, it’s just past midnight here now)

16 Likes

@photojenn I really love your line work, it makes your artwork pop!

@Magpie Your splatters are great! And I especially like the details you drew on the wings :slight_smile:

@Lynx The stacked hearts are great! And stacked birds for that matter :hugs: I think the birdies on the right look like they are wearing leggings, so cute!

@anna.wahnsinn I love your little details, particularly the crown! I also love how you’ve reversed your splatter mask so that it only goes over the planet … it looks so good!

6 Likes

This is as far as I got on my larger try, I’m happier with the little one but it’s for a swap so I won’t show it now.

I’m not getting how to do the planet so I’ll watch again and see if I understand better.

16 Likes

That was so fun! I had to run off so I still have some finishing touches to do. This one is pretty much done but I may add a border…

17 Likes

@Cindy I love the speckled black part of your wing!

@Bunny1kenobi ohhh that’s so pretty :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s black glitter pen I used on top of the paint.

1 Like

What white pens are y’all using? Ours died after about 4 seconds :frowning:

I was using a Uniball Signo UM 153 which is my go to white pen. For the doodle bird and spots on the party birds I switched to Dr. Ph. Martin’s Bleedproof White (which I think is like gouache but not technically gouache?).

1 Like

I used my Sakura Gelly Roll pen but it only worked when the paint was completely dry.

I went shopping last night to pick up the last of the supplies I needed (gouache, white gel pen, and brushes). So, I was pretty ticked to have missed this! Short version- took a nap and either never set the alarm or turned it off- awoken at 4:30 when a weather alert alarm (snow squall) came through.

But, I’m on vacation this week, so I will be trying it out soon! Once the video comes, I’ll be following along and I’ll imagine I’m with you all live.

So sorry I missed it!

4 Likes

I think I will make some finished touches on some of them, add a border or some text. And I too learned very much in this class.

Its so nice too see all of the birdplanets that got made last night! Gives so much inspiration! <3

13 Likes

Thank you Jemimah!
I’ve always admired your bird-planet paintings so it was wonderful to try this myself!
Here are mine.
The little ones their paper went all bubbly so I think I need to stick it on something with tape next time!

14 Likes

The top one with the super long legs makes me smile.

1 Like

I ordered some tubes of water colour paint yesterday, want to try this again using something better than the very basic paint I bought, felt like I had borrowed my grand daughters play set.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for the class! I had a lot of fun doing it with my mom.

14 Likes