Ladies Secretary

This is the same tutorial I used for @kittykill’s tea cabinet. Miniature tea cabinet 1:12 scale Again, I tweaked it- all of the drawers open, including the tiny ones, along with the cupboard part. Learning from the first version I made, this one has brads for drawer pulls rather than beads. This also enabled me to use a magnetic closure on the cabinet door. Wish I’d thought of that for kittykill’s cabinet!

This one took quite a bit longer than the tea cabinet- those tiny little drawers inside might just be the fiddliest thing I’ve ever done! I think if I were to ever do this tutorial again, I would omit those and make another tea cabinet. Here’s the link for the original tutorial: http://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.com/search/label/ladies%20secretary?m=0

18 Likes

Could you scale this up a bit? I have a perfect place in my living room and this would be perfect! Maybe a bit larger, say…full size?

I love all the detail and fun accessories. And the colors are perfect.

3 Likes

I love this!

1 Like

I love this! The pattern for the back is just awesome.
I can’t believe how small it is considering those are brads!

1 Like

Thanks guys! I should have put a penny in the shot for scale. :thinking:

Wow—I think it is great that you learned to tweak your awesome original to make a second one that is even more awesome…learning as we go! I love the colors and the magnetic catch is a great idea!

1 Like

Oooh. You’re so clever with the magnet. The tiny paper and books are adorable too.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the tutorial link. You did such a great job on this.

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

Oh! I love this! All the little details are delightful.

1 Like

Thanks! :blush:

The detail on this is amazing! I can’t believe how tiny it is and still functional.

1 Like

ACK! This is so dang sweet! The drawers a bafflingly amazing. And that wee tiny tassle!

1 Like

Thank you friends!

Wow! It’s so dainty and cute! And the fact that the drawers are all functional just blows me away.

1 Like

Thank you!!

This is so adorable. My grandparents had several secretaries. I always thought they were so cool.

1 Like

Thank you! They ARE cool! I wish I had a real life antique secretary.