Miniature tea cabinet 1:12 scale

I made this for @kittykill in the Common Grounds swap. I liked it so much that I’ve started something similar for myself! :grin:

I tweaked the original pattern / tutorial to make the drawers and door fully functional. They were purely decoration in the original.

Some progress shots:

19 Likes

Sweet, and so cool that you tweaked the door and drawers to be functional.

2 Likes

Love it! She will be able to decorate it with the seasons

2 Likes

Love that it is functional, so cute :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wanted her to have a little room for future miniature bits and bobs.

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

1 Like

I love this, and it’s awesome that you made it functional! I can’t wait to see what kittykill does with it.

What material did you use to make the cabinet?

2 Likes

I love it SO much! It is in my tea cabinet right now and shall live there so the little fairies can keep their tea cups and treats neat and tidy.

3 Likes

WOWZERS! I, too, love that you made the components functional… that’s what makes it a true miniature version of a tea cabinet and not tiny fakery! :rofl: The decorative paper in the back is such a sweet touch and just the right scale!

2 Likes

I used mat board to make it.

Thanks for the sweet words, everyone!

2 Likes

It’s so cute, I love it, you’re good @Bunny1kenobi :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Miniature Tea Cabinet is one of this week’s featured projects! You rock!

4 Likes

Wow! Thanks, guys!!

1 Like

Very nice!
Where did you find the tutorial?

https://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.com has lots of cardstock furniture tutorials, but I don’t see something like yours.

2 Likes

I love this. I still don’t understand how you can construct these so neatly. I would have globs of glue and disappointment all over it. Ha! Yours are always so beautiful. Love this one and the pink coloring.

3 Likes

That’s exactly where I found it! It’s the Lady’s Secretary, but modified. I left out the small “drawers” under the cupboard to allow more room for tea things.

Thanks for all the kind words, friends! :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Paint will cover a lot of sins. :wink: LOL!

1 Like

Cool, I just didn’t know what to search for. I love that site!

2 Likes

Me too!

2 Likes

Just so cute and “functional”! I am sure kittykill will have it loaded up and displayed…a tea cabinet for her tea cabinet!

gah…I wish I never clicked on that link…ha ha…I can at least drool…

1 Like

Such cute cabinet, love the colour and the cute background :smiley:

1 Like