Landscape embroidery

I made this landscape embroidery for a personal swap. I mostly wanted to see if I could make thread look like mountains as I had seen some cool landscape embroidery on Pinterest and felt like taking on a challenge.

I was pretty happy how it turned out.

Here are some in progress shots

39 Likes

Gorgeous! You did a great job!

2 Likes

Stunning! :heart:

2 Likes

Absolutely beautiful!

2 Likes

I crush this beast so hard!! You did a great job! I love the colors and the shading coming down from the mountain! But that sunrise!! Oooohh wheeee!!!

:heartbeat: :metal:

3 Likes

Very impressive! Painting with needle and thread!!

4 Likes

That is gorgeous!

2 Likes

I really don’t think there’s anything you can’t do! This is phenomenal! And, mountains are hard to draw/paint and you made them in thread!

2 Likes

Wow…this is brilliant. You did an amazing job with it.

2 Likes

Stunning!

2 Likes

Wow! So many stitches! It really is painting with thread…

3 Likes

I’m in love with it and I want to dive into that scene!

2 Likes

Beautiful! I love the texture.

2 Likes

I love the way the progress shots sort of look like the progress of a sunrise. And the end result is beautiful.

2 Likes

Wow! Just Wow! That’s amazing!

2 Likes

What an amazing work!

2 Likes

I love everything about this! I really like how each stitch is like a brush stroke. How big is it?

2 Likes

This is gorgeous! I have been wanting to try this for ages now and have pinned many such projects! It’s really lovely.

Your in progress shots might inspire me to give it a go as I think one of my stumbling blocks has been where to start!

2 Likes

It’s an 8” hoop

2 Likes

I started with the mountains because I wanted to make sure I could make them look like mountains before continuing. It seemed like the hardest part to me. If they hadn’t turned out I probably wouldn’t have finished it.

5 Likes