Lasagna Ruler

TheMisterT loves to make lasagna - including homemade noodles. It’s a 2-person job to roll out the pasta dough, so we do it together. He always makes an 8x8 Pyrex pan and we measure the noodles using the pan. One time I got the idea to make something less cumbersome than the pan.

LasagnaRuler01

Then I had the idea about a dozen other times, never writing it down. So today I finally remembered when I could actually make the thing and this is what I came up with.

LasagnaRuler03

It’s a strip of 1/8" (0.3cm) plywood that I got with a bunch of nice scraps from a neighbor a couple years ago. I cut it to 8 1/4" (21cm) long, sanding all the surfaces, then traced a printout of “Lasagna Ruler” with carbon paper. and used a wood burner to make it permanent.

LasagnaRuler04

Then I oiled it with cutting board oil (food grade mineral oil) and put it into his Valentine gift bag with his lasagna pun towels.

UPDATE: Action shot!

LasagnaRuler05

21 Likes

You put the “fun” in functional!

2 Likes

Hee hee! Another fun great gift.

1 Like

Thanks, friends!

Lucky man, you are so thoughtful & considerate. Not to mention crafty like a fox, you fox you!

1 Like

Awww, you! Thanks! I’m excited to give him all the things tomorrow!

You get the cleverest ideas. He’ll love it!

What a great idea!

I love that your gift is something so personal for him, and something that celebrates an activity you do together. All the lasagna-themed things work so well together, too.

1 Like

Awww, thanks y’all!

That’s a great idea, much easier than using the pan.
I love lasagna, and I got a pasta machine for my birthday, so I’ll have to keep this in mind.

1 Like

Wow, I think homemade noodles are amazing, especially since I hate to cook. I bet this tool is something that he will love! Such a clever, personal and functional surprise!

Thanks, pals!

@Bunny1kenobi I am so lucky that he loves, ne needsemphasized text, to cook! Lucky for me, making pasta feels a lot more like crafting than cooking - at least when you just pop in for the rolling and cutting part!

1 Like

That’s quite the useful tool. Here’s hoping he tests it out soon!

Genius. Also…I want lasagna at your house.

Thanks, so much!

@gozer He’s scheduled it for weekend after this!

@Abbeeroad You’re not wrong to want that… SO GOOD!

2 Likes

That’s way cool.

2 Likes

UPDATE: Action shot!

LasagnaRuler05

2 Likes

Love it!

Thanks!