LC Midwest Meetup 2023 - Champaign, IL

I’m 99% sure I can come! And, I’m definitely willing to carpool from the airport.

I considered driving, but it’s a 14 hour drive, so flying it will be!

3 Likes

Which airport are you looking at flying into, so folks will know if they’re able to carpool with you?

1 Like

O’Hare? I’m going to have to poke around and see what airport I should fly out of for the best deal- I have a lot of options!

2 Likes

I’m not reading everything at the moment, but I’m hoping @geekybookworm and I will be able to make it because it’s relatively close to us.

4 Likes

I have just bought my airline ticket, super economy, not including meals with icelandair (I am getting a stopover in iceland on the way). Being a large longlegged woman, my knees will be embedded in my chin by the time I arrive and it was still a shade under $1000 for the flights, but so so so worth it to see you all. I am bringing a suitcase, as well as hand luggage-to take home all the craft supplies. I travel light, so the checked bag will be full of irish snacks on the way over :wink:

I.cannot.wait

11 Likes

So exciting!!!

1 Like

I’m so freakin excited you’re coming!!!

2 Likes

So am I

I want it to be tomorrow!

2 Likes

Pumped for this!

2 Likes

Jealous! :smiley:

3 Likes

Since I’m talking to the pool company about when we want to have the pool open for the season, I thought I should tell folks that if you want to swim be sure to bring a bathing suit and flip flops. I’ll have towels for people, but the deck needs to be sanded and repainted which we might not be able to get to before the Meetup, so be sure you have flip flops for walking around outside. :sunny: :bikini: :tropical_drink: :thong_sandal:

1 Like

My first thought was that it’s a bit too cold to open the pool now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

It’s definitely too cold now, but we’ve been told by multiple people to get ourselves scheduled for an Opening, by the company who has serviced it in the past, because they get booked up fast. The website says everywhere “CALL US RIGHT NOW TO BOOK!” with the same phone number listed over and over. But the person answering the phone says ‘Well, I’m new, and don’t really know how pools work, or how this scheduling works yet, and I prefer to do things by email, so I don’t really want to be on the phone. Can you just email me?’ :woman_facepalming:

So I did email her a week ago, and have heard nothing, so I just sent a followup email to prod her along. That reminded me that I should tell you guys to bring flip flops. :joy:

3 Likes

Um… I guess they really needed someone to fill that position.

3 Likes

I was thinking about taking the train… it’s a 21+ hour train ride, which seems way longer than it should be… can’t decide if that would just be awful…

1 Like

Well, I just booked my hotel, so @MistressJennie, you can move me to the confirmed column.
:partying_face: :hugs:

6 Likes

Yay :tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

That’s so exciting! I just moved you to that list.

And I’ve been thinking about the Meetup for the last few days! We’ve been working hard on the house, and getting the yard and pool ready for visitors. It’s finally starting to feel like our house, even if we’re not done with it yet.

3 Likes

I won’t be able to join you guys for this one, but that doesn’t stop me daydreaming. I just looked up the drive and it’s only 15-16 hours so my old wanderlust is kicking up lol.

2 Likes

It was about 7 hours for my parents to fly from Logan to Champaign. And only about $508 per person. (Much better than $1000+ from Manchester to Champaign.)

2 Likes