Lettuce Craft Stitchalong 2023

The background fabric really sets off this piece! Lovely work!

2 Likes

Hey all! I didn’t forget…out Sept + quarterly close out drawing will be today! Stay tuned!

2 Likes

:sewing_needle: :thread: :sewing_needle: :thread: Announcement Time :sewing_needle: :thread: :sewing_needle: :thread:

It’s October!! How did that happen? I had a discussion with the receptionist at my daughter’s doctor’s office the other day and she convinced me that September just didn’t happen. It disappeared into a worm hole somewhere. :laughing:

Anyway…it’s time for both our monthly AND quarterly drawing!! I admit that this time I am just making an executive decision rather than doing a random drawing. We have a dedicated group of 3 stitchers who are consistently in the pool for our drawings each month/quarter: @AIMR, @jemimah, and @steiconi (you guys rock!!). Honorable mention goes to @Immaculata and @skrutt who keep us updated on their stitching adventures. Since two of these members have already won a quarterly challenge this year (and AIMR graciously removed herself from the drawing), I’ve decided @steiconi is our winner of BOTH THE MONTLY AND QUARTERLY prizes! Woohoo!! Congratulations!! You win the super cool kit from @MistressJennie AND you get to choose our theme for October!

8 Likes

Very much deserved @steiconi, someone who not only manages to stitch up something every single month, but always surprises us with real works of art and creative interpretations of the theme.

3 Likes

I really like the unconventional and innovative style you have, @steiconi ! Congrats…and please continue to grace this thread with your artsy stitching style!

3 Likes

Woohoo! Thank you!

The Stitchtober theme is

Just finish it, already!

Your choice of:
Finish a stitch started at any time,
Or
mount/frame a stitch that is already done,
Or
Post a completed stitch you haven’t shared before on Lettuce Craft (even if you shared it on Deadster or elsewhwere),
Or
Something inspired by Finland (Finnish it, ja?),
Or
SPOOKY SEASON! (because spooky!)

12 Likes

GREAT theme!

3 Likes

Yay!!! I always love seeing your fabulous stitching @steiconi! and that’s a brilliant theme! I have a HUGE pile of things to finish, and that includes my September entry lol…

1 Like

I’m working on finishing this so I can send it off…

8 Likes

Thanks to @irid3sc3nt , I have found some patterns to make smaller cross stitches before tackling larger ones…I got this pattern from Etsy seller Yellow Bird…It was fun to do!

Probably going to make a few to include as extras in swap packages.

The piece is sewn to the felt using a running stitch and then I glued white stiff cardboard to the felt. I wish I had thought to attach a ribbon in between the two, but it still works as a good bookmark!

12 Likes

It looks great!

1 Like

So cute! I’ve been stalking her shop…

1 Like

I just put some DMC thread on the Use it or Lose it thread if anyone wants to check it out.
It’s all spoken for.

3 Likes

You guys! I was cleaning out some things in my craft room and came across a plastic bag with my first quarter prize from @jemimah in it! I checked and double-checked and don’t see where I posted a picture of it! All of it deserves to be seen!

She included a lovely pouch made from the stitching in the picture of the first post of this thread…plus, a cool pincushion, a key fob, and a cute birdie watercolor…thanks again, and sorry for not posting a pic until now!

11 Likes

Wow, really nice! I love them all.

The embroidery pattern reminds me very much of something @kittykill stitched for me in a swap years ago. It’s really nice. The watercolour and pincushion are very much in Jemimah’s signature style - simple shapes, striking details. The designs stand out because of their simplicity, but at the same time, it’s clear a lot of skill went into them.

2 Likes

I finished something!!

According to the pics on my phone, I stitched this in September 2021. I had the hoop in stash, could have been bought for this project but I’m not sure. I stained it this weekend using a water-based stain. It’s an old can that I took from my late grandpa’s carpentry workshop way back when (he’s been gone for more than 15 years).

I really like how the hoop has turned out. This is the inside and the outside part. Just one coat of stain.

9 Likes

That is adorable!!

I like finishing the hoops almost as much as the stitching! I am going to steal this method…a nice natural stain looks so good with that stitching! Gives it just enough to look finished nicely!

1 Like

I think I didn’t finish it back then because the natural coloured hoop just didn’t look right with that fabric. It was too light. I felt there had to be a hard edge. Unfortunately it ended up in the UFO pile, until last week I found this back and remembered the can of stain. I hadn’t used this method before for hoops, I have painted hoops with acrylic marker but this is much faster. it took 5 minutes at most + drying time.

1 Like

My favorite way was to use ribbon to wrap the hoop…very time consuming and now, costly! Ribbon is ridiculously expensive…I got some ribbon at the dollar store, but of course, you need 4 of them so it is still costly to do one hoop! I switched to acrylic paint but will give staining a try as well!

Yay for finishing! And so nicely, too.

I love the texture of the stitched fur on those bears.

1 Like