Lettuce Craft Stitchalong 2023

Great job, I’ve been waiting to see what your plan was.

Lake Louise is one of the most famous areas of Banff National Park in Canada and close to where we lived in Alberta. I was probably under 2 the first time I visited with my parents and have been back many, many times in all seasons. Seeing your UFO gave me a huge chuckle :joy:

I grabbed a screenshot of this and the one @megwell used in the IYP swap and will pass them on to my dad.

4 Likes

This is just the coolest!! What a unique stitch!!

1 Like

ha ha I see so many shows where the UFOs are hiding in lakes around the world…seemed appropriate along with some sort of Nessie and Bigfoot as well.

Has anyone here stitched on paper? Are there any tips on keeping the stitches from ripping through if you stitch too closely? I did pre-punch the holes, but I am thinking that I need to stitch through fabric on the back to give the pieces strength…thoughts?

4 Likes

I always try to use a backing when stitching on paper, though a friend just changes her thread content to silk and says that makes a huge difference. Haven’t tried that myself!

3 Likes

Thanks…I am planning a fabric book anyway with a bunch of these…I also have silk threads…I’ll try that on the next on!

5 Likes

:seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face:

HEY EV-ERY-BODY! It’s time to vote in the Spring Is In The Air Challenge! Get on over there before the poll closes on March 27, 2023!

2 Likes

Beautiful cat embroidery @AIMR and I love what you did with the vintage postcard!

2 Likes

Hey there stitchers! I wanted to let you all know that I will be on vacation for a week starting Saturday, April 1, when I will be in the car All. Day. Long. Ugh. So…I’m going to do the monthly and quarterly announcement/drawing tomorrow, March 31. If you have a stitch in this month’s theme be sure to post it before then! We also have a prize offered by @AIMR for the first quarter!!

8 Likes

:sewing_needle: :thread: :sewing_needle: :thread: Announcement Time :sewing_needle: :thread: :sewing_needle: :thread:

Our winner for March is… @AIMR !! You get to choose our theme for April!!

In addition to our monthly winner, we are at the end of the first quarter! Our qualifying stitchers this quarter who have been entered into the quarterly drawing are:

jemimah
Abbeeroad
AIMR

Remember that stitches have to be new and on theme to qualify for the drawing.

Our quarterly winner is…

@jemimah!!! You have won a surprise donated by the amazingly wonderful @AIMR! Congrats!!

7 Likes

Oh, hey there.

All you craftalong-ers check out the Peek Behind The Curtains Challenge! You don’t need to make something new to join in, you just have to (finally) share the things you’ve made already! WHAT!?

4 Likes

Oh wow, that’s exciting! thank you!!

3 Likes

A little update on my sampler!

10 Likes

I have not been participating in this thread for a bit but I’ve been following what you guys are doing!
@AIMR I love that idea of stitching onto the postcard! If you try it again I’d love to hear what works for backing.

And @Abbeeroad I love what you made, it kind of looks like a fabric ATC!

2 Likes

I’m so excited for this new LC challenge!

Don’t forget to choose a new theme for us @AIMR!!

Your sampler is looking fantastic @Immaculata - FYI, one of those buildings is a lot of work and even though the sampler wasn’t new, I totally would have accepted one of them as fitting last month’s theme! Just for future reference for all! :smile:

3 Likes

I was thinking that because of all the odd weather things happening, people forget how many beautiful things can be found in rain, clouds, etc.

So, my challenge to this group is to stitch up something that shows the beautiful side of “bad” weather: A gorgeous umbrella, a cloudy sky, rainbows (of course), etc. Be creative!

This is the gorgeousness I got from @kittykill that inspires me daily:

13 Likes

Beautiful theme!! I really want to get something in for this month :sewing_needle: :sun_behind_large_cloud:

2 Likes

Wonderful theme!!! :rainbow: :sun_behind_rain_cloud: :umbrella:

2 Likes

I actually haven’t completely finished any of the houses yet… :wink:

2 Likes

Ah…gotcha! Your progress shot sure fooled me! :smile:

2 Likes

:alarm_clock: :fly: :fly: :fly: TIME FLIES WHEN YOU’RE MAKING THINGS :yarn: :scroll: :sewing_needle: :art: :birthday:

We’ve just over a day and a half until the Peek Behind The Curtains Challenge closes! I just know some of you have completed some stitcheries that you have not given their own topic. Please share with us before Midnight on April 19 2023, US Pacific Time.

PeekChallengeApril2023

2 Likes