Lettuce Craft Stitchalong 2023

This is gorgeous!!

1 Like

Hello stitch buddies! I have been absent from being mired in schoolwork, but I wanted to share a couple of things. Firstly, thank you again to @endymion and @Magpie for the EOY prizes. This lovely bag and handmade tag came in the mail from Magpie this week and I wanted to share the exquisite stitching and vintage buttons!

I also finally gifted one of the last Christmas presents I had been working on. I actually finished the stitch in December, and then it waited two extra months to be washed, ironed, and framed. :laughing:

This is from the Steotchalong found elsewhere, which had a “choose your own adventure” ending this time and I went with DnD.

Because the matting was stained and I wanted to be thematic with upcrafting it, I modpodged pages from a disintegrating copy of T.H. White’s The Once And Future King.

Note: This is NOT an entry for a prize this time, just sharing with y’all! <3

14 Likes

Oh man I love that stitch!! The die on the bottom instead of a flower is a wonderful touch and I love the mounting/framing/background!!

3 Likes

What a great prize! Very beautiful tag and nice use of buttons!

I love that you incorporated pages from one of my all time favorite books! It is like a story with a story in your lovely gift!

3 Likes

That’s so cool!! Lovely prizes too!

2 Likes

While clearing out some crafting stuff, I came across a few more of those Spoonflower embellishment panels. They are quick and easy when you just need a finish. Painted the hoop and made lots of french knots. Outlined the cat; added whiskers and painted his eyes from green to yellow to match my own black cat.

12 Likes

I love it!!

1 Like

Decided I wanted to do a bit of stitching on some of the fabulous black and white vintage postcards @Cindy sent to me from the Use it or Lose it thread…it was interesting, but next time, I will back the postcard with fabric or something to keep the threads from tearing the paper too much…this was really fun and silly!

I scanned the original for safekeeping.

13 Likes

Great job, I’ve been waiting to see what your plan was.

Lake Louise is one of the most famous areas of Banff National Park in Canada and close to where we lived in Alberta. I was probably under 2 the first time I visited with my parents and have been back many, many times in all seasons. Seeing your UFO gave me a huge chuckle :joy:

I grabbed a screenshot of this and the one @megwell used in the IYP swap and will pass them on to my dad.

4 Likes

This is just the coolest!! What a unique stitch!!

1 Like

ha ha I see so many shows where the UFOs are hiding in lakes around the world…seemed appropriate along with some sort of Nessie and Bigfoot as well.

Has anyone here stitched on paper? Are there any tips on keeping the stitches from ripping through if you stitch too closely? I did pre-punch the holes, but I am thinking that I need to stitch through fabric on the back to give the pieces strength…thoughts?

4 Likes

I always try to use a backing when stitching on paper, though a friend just changes her thread content to silk and says that makes a huge difference. Haven’t tried that myself!

3 Likes

Thanks…I am planning a fabric book anyway with a bunch of these…I also have silk threads…I’ll try that on the next on!

5 Likes

:seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face:

HEY EV-ERY-BODY! It’s time to vote in the Spring Is In The Air Challenge! Get on over there before the poll closes on March 27, 2023!

2 Likes

Beautiful cat embroidery @AIMR and I love what you did with the vintage postcard!

2 Likes

Hey there stitchers! I wanted to let you all know that I will be on vacation for a week starting Saturday, April 1, when I will be in the car All. Day. Long. Ugh. So…I’m going to do the monthly and quarterly announcement/drawing tomorrow, March 31. If you have a stitch in this month’s theme be sure to post it before then! We also have a prize offered by @AIMR for the first quarter!!

8 Likes

:sewing_needle: :thread: :sewing_needle: :thread: Announcement Time :sewing_needle: :thread: :sewing_needle: :thread:

Our winner for March is… @AIMR !! You get to choose our theme for April!!

In addition to our monthly winner, we are at the end of the first quarter! Our qualifying stitchers this quarter who have been entered into the quarterly drawing are:

jemimah
Abbeeroad
AIMR

Remember that stitches have to be new and on theme to qualify for the drawing.

Our quarterly winner is…

@jemimah!!! You have won a surprise donated by the amazingly wonderful @AIMR! Congrats!!

7 Likes

Oh, hey there.

All you craftalong-ers check out the Peek Behind The Curtains Challenge! You don’t need to make something new to join in, you just have to (finally) share the things you’ve made already! WHAT!?

4 Likes

Oh wow, that’s exciting! thank you!!

3 Likes

A little update on my sampler!

10 Likes