Lettuce Show Off Our Personal Swap Goodies!

Thank you so much for showing this off. This is a really neat forum! Thank you for encouraging me to send these little guys to you! It brings me pride to see everyone that loves these. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh my, these are precious!

3 Likes

Are those little gnomes spun cotton?

Either way, super sweet!

3 Likes

Actually they are super light and appear to be carved from some kind of foam.

3 Likes

Hi all! @photojenn and I both missed out on signing up for the master board swap, so we decided to do a personal swap. I am so tickled with these goodies!!!

I received the three wonderful masterboards and a pocket notebook. I have been following Jenn’s work in the Art Journaling craft along and the her work is always GORGEOUS, creative and inspiring. I love her combinations of colors, patterns, and textures. It’s obvious that she took hours and hours creating these items.

I wish I had her eye for combining elements, it’s just fantastic. The balance of shapes, sizes, colors, textures, and mix of techniques and backgrounds… I love it. This pocket notebook is… almost… too good to use!! I’ll have to make sure to use it for travel art journals.

Thank you so much, @photojenn !!!

The card

The tiny notebook

The master boards

12 Likes

The masterboards are beautiful @photojenn! And fun!

4 Likes

I am a big huge fan of @photojenn’s work! What a magnificent trade!

4 Likes

Gorgeous!
:star_struck:

3 Likes

I might have to hire you all to be my personal hype team :joy::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I received these gorgeous masterboards from @Cyn-energy!

I just love all of the refined tone on tone colors she used. They’re so pretty! And purple is my favorite color :slight_smile:

She also included these wonderful bookmarks (check out the cool neurographica bits!) and ATC. The phrases were so perfect and exactly what I needed this morning :slight_smile:

Thanks for the great swap @Cyn-energy!

12 Likes

Ooooh, all so beautiful! I especially love the masterboards on the right. Love the colors and the subtle shadings. Very cool!

3 Likes

@jemimah sent me a package of delights, which I’ve taken too long to share! First, she sent me two of her short stories, which were great and I was honored to get to read them. Then there was an artist’s book! I love the idea and the execution.

And after that, a watercolor bookmark with one of my favorite affirmations, and beautiful postcard sized art of The Jemimah Bird…The colors and textures really fascinated me on this, and when I found out how she made it, I was gobsmacked about what I hadn’t noticed. I won’t give it away, but it is brilliant. Like jemimah herself. :grin:

All of this, and a handwritten letter! This package was such a joy; it was the boost I needed and the highlight of my week.

16 Likes

What a stellar gift package! I love @jemimah ’s art, and that book is a real treasure.

1 Like

Wonderful treasure!!

1 Like

I received some lovely masterboards from @Reinikka!!

Hoping to get some sent out to her this week in return! (This new job is kicking my butt! It’ll get better though as I figure things out!)

10 Likes

Hello, thank you for your curiosity. These were made out of the same foam board material that is used to insulate the underground pipes in most modern homes. There was always extra broken pieces left over that were gonna get thrown away so i would snag it up at the end of the dig in and make these little guys out of them. I believe the foam is polystyrene. But i found that they are pretty durable for their size and weight. And VERY easy to sand into shape. The hairy one simply has faux fur on it. Pretty amazing what you can do with building material. The hats are made of the same material.
You can find this same foam at menards.

3 Likes

Very cool! I couldnt wrap my head around the slouchy hat, so thank you for describing your process!

2 Likes

I have had them break on me, dont get me wrong. But so long as you don’t test their bendability, they should never break. You can even toss them across the room and they won’t break! They really are light as a feather!

2 Likes

Wonderful, marvelous dishcloths from @mel , thank you muchly!

And a surprise pocket hug from @grabacoffee , aww, this is just the sweetest! You are an angel.

12 Likes

look at this fantastic awesomeness @Magpie sent me!!

so much sweary goodness!! thank you for the fun good times!!

12 Likes