Lettuce Show Off Our Personal Swap Goodies!

Gorgeous! Looks great on your wall.

4 Likes

It looks so wonderful!

5 Likes

I received such a wonderful surprise today from @Harlan. Wow.

It’s a pin that I will absolutely be wearing on my jacket this autumn.

It. Is. FANTASTIC!

22 Likes

Wow, that’s amazing!

2 Likes

So cool!

2 Likes

Wow!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is the beautiful coaster that @Magpie sent to me! It’s so beautifully made I’m envious of her sewing ability!
I use the coaster every single day not too long after I leave here in the morning! :slight_smile:

19 Likes

I received the most amazing hoop from @geekgirl in our Disenchantment personal swap.

Fantastic character in a fantastic scene perfectly captured. I mean look at that hair! Obsessed!

And bonus! I got some of her super cool gelli print leaves!! Score.

Thank you Carlee! This was the best swap. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

18 Likes

So glad you like it! The fabric was a pastel/Easter-y shade so I dyed it with alcohol ink.
Oona is the best!

4 Likes

OMG, it’s even more awesome!

Love Oona!!

2 Likes

@thanate sent me such a scrappy mountain, look at all this loot, omg.

And just look at these little treasures! She calls them bits of ceramic masterboards. Cool!

14 Likes

That paisley scrap is calling out to me! I hope you find something fun to do with it, and all the other scraps as well. Those ceramic pieces are crazy cool! My fingers are itching to crochet around them.

3 Likes

Would you like some? :eyes:

2 Likes

Absolutely! Only if you have some more to share.
:smiley:
Just let me know what you might want in exchange.

3 Likes

During one of the TM swap rounds, @MightyMitochondria posted about the idea of taking one of the 80s sewing panels, but modernizing it. Or spinning it to make it unique.

I was immediately in love, and we agreed to a personal swap.

Here is the front panel of a sweet grab and go bag, using THE BEST Halloween panel

Many of the panels have small line drawings of the finished product, and she incorporated this one on the front flap. Can you see allllllll the tiny, textural stitches and beautiful fraying?

She even incorporated the instructions! Really clever.

On the back is the little cat head…see the label? This is The Goodie Cat for sure!

The eyes are 3D, and in green! Me-ow! The D rings are a good add.

She made an inside pocket out of the other cat head. I inserted her notecard to show it in action! Really smart design

But she also sent one of the ladies who started it all as a large TM patch! The panel vests all have these ladies, and here we see Judith is rocking her best Halloween finery!! She is FANTASTIC and SLAAAYYYS!! As well as some fun seasonal stickers.

THANK YOU SO MUCH @MightyMitochondria ! It has been one of my most favorite swaps, and I am almost finished with yours, as well! You are so creative - I’m jelly of my owm fortune!! : )

10 Likes

Yay!!! I’m so glad you love the bag and that sassy gal definitely looks like a Judith. Thank you so much for understanding my vision and not thinking I’m a complete weirdo. You are one of my very favorite people to craft for. :orange_heart::black_heart::orange_heart::black_heart:

Here is the original panel for reference:
s-l500

8 Likes

Those are amazing! I’m glad to see some of the products of this swap; it sounded very intriguing.

3 Likes

@sloth003 : “I have some supplies for you, come & get 'em!”

So we met up for drinks & snacks at a fabulous taco shop…

And afterwards, went to fetch the stuff.
:astonished:

A selection of the contents:

Whoa, these are very weirdly wonderful.

I never made it into the slothcave, sorry folks, no secrets from the room of wonder will be revealed by me today. I did have to use the loo though & I can tell you the house is positively full of quilts, it’s amazing.
This one is hanging in the main floor powder room, from a word swap at the old place. It’s SO COOL. There are swears:

11 Likes

Wowsers! It looks like half thst stuff came right out of great grandma’s sewing stash. :heart_eyes: That quilt is simply AWESOME!

2 Likes

lol I remember that swap! I forgot what lovely words I sent to her…lol…wow…what a haul!

2 Likes