Lettuce Show Off Our Personal Swap Goodies!

@JoyfulClover and I decided to swap pocket letters. She went with a Farscape theme. I love that moya the ship stretches across the whole thing with other characters layered on top. And she added quotes for each character on the back. It looks great and it was her first pocket letter!

AND. AND. AND ( can you tell I’m excited about this?)
We discovered that we both read the Trixie Belden series as kids and loved them. And she shared that she had a trixie belden notebook made from an old Trixie Belden book. Neither of us had ever met anyone else who read Trixie so to share the love she made me my own TB notebook!!! :purple_heart:

I’ve been thinking all day what I will do with it.

11 Likes

I received my notecards from @Bunny1kenobi from our personal swap.

I love them all. I’m not sure I could pick a favorite pair. The coloring pages one are so bright and cheery. And I love the vintage-y ones - I have a thing for tape measures in my art work. And the mermaids are so fancy looking. And then there are the cute little crows with balloons.

Thanks bunny!

13 Likes

@anna.wahnsinn and I did a swap and she sent me 2 gorgeous necklaces. Sooo many beads. She is so patient and talented!
Thank you Anne!

12 Likes

I’m glad you like your notecards, geekgirl! I was so excited to use master boards for the first time!

Those are gorgeous necklaces, Anna!

3 Likes

Such a cool pocket letter! I love how the ship goes across the entire pocket letter. The notecards are really nice. I bet that red strand necklace would look pretty with the red shawl I made you.

So many wonderful things being swapped! I love it!

3 Likes

I love you love it! I know the PL isn’t as …flourished? as many are, but I was happy to fit in every character you mentioned, and not make it uber cluttered. In retro, I probably could have typed out the quotes, and attached them to the front (as most others do), but I really wanted to make sure Moya was featured well, and I was also able to work on lettering styles. Overall, I am satisfied with the final output.

I still cannot believe you are a Trixie fan! I mean, honestly!! I kept every page there was some type of image or graphic and made sure they were included in order. Bob Whites of the Glen FOREVER!!!

Thank you for swapping with me!
:shamrock: :heartbeat: :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

I swapped napkins with Helen/GMPNQ and this is what I got.

Fun illustrated envelope - this will end up in one of my journals

Napkins

And two more

Isn’t it funny that we both sent foxes, butterflies and chickens?

And a mini master board and lots of delicate die cuts! I will have fun using these too!

Thanks so much, Helen!

8 Likes

@magpie and I are thrilled these great atcs (from Dec swap and a Discord trade, as well as her wonderful surprise Little Thing card) after taking a scenic stroll through who knows where finally made their way to my house yesterday!

And @pigeon, I love your “come in” card.

7 Likes

Another victory over the mail service!! Glad those lovelies made it to a new home…they are beautiful!

3 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi made me several beautiful notecards and two bonus bitty cards!

I’m torn between sharing them with a future swap partner and keeping them all to myself. :smile: Thank you for the wonderful swap, bunny!

9 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi makes gorgeous cards!

3 Likes

She sure does! Notecards are difficult to make too. I had no idea!

5 Likes

They are easy to overthink thus making them difficult. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Those are wonderful…

I love receiving notecards in swaps but, like you, I am torn between using them and keeping them…and please, anyone who makes these gorgeous cards, please sign them on the back because when I send them, I want to give credit!!!

4 Likes

If I remember who made the card, I try to give credit, but signing is a great idea.

2 Likes

Oh wow, I have missed so much! I’ll backtrack a bit…

J-clove, that lettuce stamp is excellent.

What is it with that terrible show? I made my man watch every single episode and then I was sad when it ended.

Deep space too. Nice Laura, I like the cutout.

Bunny, your cards are marvelous! So many different styles too, super cool.

Anne, I know just how much time, effort & skill goes into those barrel necklaces. When you showed me how to make them and it took over an hour to complete a wonky inch, lol. You are a bead master!

[quote=“Smmarrt, post:67, topic:2122”]
swapped napkins with GMPNQ[/quote]
Both of you sent such great napkins! Where do I find those chickens (both kinds!) and birds?

3 Likes

Some are from Tuesday Morning (there’s not one near me, so it’s once or twice a year in SoCal), some are from Whole Foods, and some are from Joggles. I try to remember to look when I’m in any store with party supplies or kitchen/entertaining.

2 Likes

I got mine from Tesco and Sainsbury’s, not much help to you though :joy:

I aim to be ATCing this weekend, I’ll send you some of my avian ones :chicken::rooster:

2 Likes

None of those shops are in Canada, except wholefoods but the nearest one is far. Oh well, I will just have to live without napkin chickens until somebody sends me a fun birdie ATC :wink: :smile:

2 Likes

I never even thought to do that

2 Likes