Little Good Things of 2021-- gallery!

I wonder what happened to so many of them…I remember her…and where is luckdragon and so many of the people I remember from the geezer swaps…funny, how certain things from the old site still bring up such fun crafting memories…I miss them

5 Likes

Right, Patty_o_furniture. I loved her funny video clips. Anybody know how to find her?

4 Likes

This is totally amazing! And that makes me want to come visit your country :slight_smile:
Lovely pkg you sent!

1 Like

I tagged her in the final days of deadster. She said she was aware so hopefully she finds her way here eventually. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Totally agree. The color is saturated enough that it’s not too pastel, which is my main color thing. (And the zipper is such a small part of it anyway that it probably wouldn’t have been a problem regardless. )

I almost joked in the original post that any sprinkle with a serving suggestion of “on bread” was a hit in my book. I’ll definitely have to try it with these. In the name of cultural appreciation, of course :wink:.

2 Likes

I got my gorgeous and generous parcel from @Immaculata his morning! I feel so spoiled!!

She sent an adorable vintage style bunny embroidery, a wonderful cross stitched pouch, two sweet mini markers, with a Charles Rennie Mackintosh card and all stuffed with lashings of tea in the cutest wrappers!

Close up of the stitchy goodness …

I especially love the geometric cross stitch, so pretty and cheery. So much patience and work in it too :heart: Thank you so much for a very happy package!!

6 Likes

And that is our last package arrived! Thank you all for being such great swappers. :heart:

5 Likes

I’m glad to see it has arrived at last!!

I had very different plans with the bunny but I had moved the pattern slightly while ironing it on, and the lines wouldn’t wash out! So I had to cover it. I have never coloured in embroidery at first, but I think I may try it again. I felt bad for sending out a bit late so I decided to throw in the little zipper pouch as well. Hope you will like the tea! I bought them just because they looked so pretty… :smiley:

4 Likes

I love that the bunny is vintage but the pouch looks very modern and yet both go together well with those lovely colors! Those tea wrappers are very cute!

4 Likes

Great package! Bun is cute and oooo I want that little zip pouch, and the tea looks so nice!

2 Likes

I love that little cross stitch pouch!

2 Likes

Everything is so cheery! Is the embroidery crayon tinted? It looks lovely.

2 Likes

Yes I think so, did you use crayon @Immaculata?

Such a sweet package, it really makes me smile! And I tried some of the tea and it’s lovely :coffee: :heart:

2 Likes

Yes it’s crayon! It’s just what I happened to have.

4 Likes

Cultural appreciation accomplished! More or less; I suspect whole wheat isn’t the traditional bread choice here, but it’s what I had.

Also, I just want to highlight that the sprinkles 1) actually taste like chocolate & not just sugar and 2) came in a box WITH A SPOUT.

Oh, and after @jemimah posted I realized I’d photographed the markers upside down :woman_facepalming:t2:

Thanks again, @Immaculata!

7 Likes

Oh those are cute markers!

But, yummy on the sprinkles on the toast!

1 Like

Omg! :drooling_face:

1 Like

I’m reading that and I’m like ‘duh, they’re chocolate sprinkles, of course they taste like chocolate!’ But they don’t taste like that over there? And everyone eats them on bread so the spout is very practical. If you like peanut butter, peanut butter & sprinkles or peanut butter, sprinkles & banana are also popular varieties.

I think there’s actually a law about hagelslag quality. It needs to have a certain % of chocolate or you can’t call it hagelslag. The cheap stuff on the bottom shelves is called cacaofantasie and I don’t really know who buys that. Other countries protect their heritage cheeses, we protect our heritage sprinkles! And then they say we don’t have a real food culture :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

USA gal here. The last store-brand brown sprinkles I bought were distasteful waxy bits. Yuck. Vowed to only buy excellent sprinkles the rest of my life!

2 Likes

I seriously need to try these variations. Mmmmm.

Yeah I think sprinkles here are made from frosting. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I looked it up:

sugar, corn syrup, cornstarch, a little food-grade wax (for those of us who eat wax) and artificial coloring and flavoring

Yuck.

5 Likes