Little Good Things of 2021-- gallery!

It’s glorious! So beautiful! @marionberries, I adore your skills!

Those oak leaves are extra glorious! What a beautiful package! :yellow_heart:

Gorgeous!! What a cool idea to make a beautiful piece of art functional.

@marionberries…I truly admire your turning scraps into works of beauty and function…love the leaves and the tea wallet…

2 Likes

That is a gorgeous gift @marionberries! And your writing is so pretty too!

1 Like

@marionberries I love all the scrappiness!!

I received my amazing package from @Abbeeroad late yesterday evening, and I got to photograph it a bit better today. (It’s been pretty dark and rainy, but there was a bit more sun this afternoon) She did an AMAZING job. I truly almost cried when I saw it, and I sat there making cooing sounds at it. :two_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

OK, first the lovely pile of goodies in its little baggie!

And next, all the fun stuff spread out!

She sent me a sweet and lovely note on a gorgeous masterboard card with embossed stamping on it, glorious creamy milk chocolate (which I will not be sharing with anyone), an adorable My Little Pony desk critter and sparkly pair of matching purple glitter earrings (green and purple are my favorite colors), and finally, y’all, the piece de resistance:

She made me this achingly lovely heart wreath embroidery to commemorate my wedding in February. It has absolutely everything I mentioned in my questionnaire, and she executed it perfectly. :two_hearts: :heart: :star: Purple and green were our wedding colors (they also happen to be my husband’s favorites!), I love wisteria and hydrangea (our main wedding flowers), and she put our wedding date and our last name, Hu, with its matching Chinese character (my new husband is American by birth, but half Taiwan Chinese by lineage).

And a photo of the back, which she finished wonderfully with a thread signature!

Abbee, you literally couldn’t have made it more perfect! Thank you a thousand times over! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :tada:

And here it is hanging on our living room wall with my plants and another little hoop that I made today as part of a local embroidery challenge. My husband also said it was beautiful, and the fact that he let me add them to the living room instead of putting them with the rest of my random crafty arts means he really did approve quite a giant amount! :kissing_heart: :heart: Thank you so much! :rabbit2:

10 Likes

@Abbeeroad this is the most beautiful and thoughtful gift. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

made me tear up a little as well…such a sentimental and perfect little gift…

4 Likes

That is so beautiful @Abbeeroad! Wow!,

2 Likes

Aw! I am so glad you guys like it! I really hoped it would be special. Look how awesome it looks with your plants and embroidery! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I adore it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And it makes that little space on the wall so happy! It was looking bare with just the plants there, and now it looks very complete. :hibiscus:

4 Likes

So many good things being shared. and so many ideas popping up from them. My to-learn list is so long now. :joy_cat:

5 Likes

Wow @Abbeeroad that is such a thoughtful gift. The stitched flowers are gorgeous and I love that you included the name character. This is a piece of art that I’m sure will be cherished forever by @EriChanHime and her new husband.

3 Likes

#thanate sent a happy package my way. A fun colorful and oh so appropriate patch, and a collection of stamps gathered by her great grandfather and grandfather. I immediate added some to an abandoned journal page and now it has a new direction for finishing. Thank you for cheering me up, it had been a cold spring week but warmer weather is on it’s way.

10 Likes

What a cool package! That patch is wonderful @thanate - you do such clever things!!

2 Likes

That patch is so fitting…lol…beautifully done as well…

And those stamps…wow…haven’t seen some of those in a while!

That’s A LOT of little good things!

1 Like

And I received today from @EriChanHime!! She sent me so many good things, you guys!! AH!

Here’s what I had once I opened the package:

Everything neatly labeled. I didn’t know where to start! I ended up going with “tasty comfort related.” :smile:

It’s tea! So much tea! I will definitely be trying one of these for my 3:00 cup today! And this completely reminds me I meant to include a couple bags of my current favorite - Bigelow Earl Gray Green, and I forgot! D’oh!

I then moved on to the “shiny little things.”

Oh my gosh - are those STORMTROOPER earrings?! Why, yes, they are. And they are currently in my ears, lol. And I love the funky bunnies. I’m honored to have something that was in your family, Erin! :blush:

Ok, what’s next? I decided at this point to save my “primary LGT” for last. So I went Scrapbook-related.

Some super fun purple envelopes and a sticker with real pressed flowers! Beautiful!

And second to last…book related!

Bookmarks of course! I love the one you made, Erin. Your knotting is impeccable for such delicate thread.

And then…with much anticipation, I turned to the primary LGT. Are you ready?!

This STUNNING piece of wearable art. WOW! I was super impressed, caressing and inspecting every well-made detail. THEN, I read her note where she told me she dyed a piece of kimono satin with acid inks for this!!! WHAT?! AMAZING!!

I put it on right away.

So beautiful, Erin! Oh, and the chain is removable in case I want to use it as a mask lanyard, but I think it will stay attached to the flowers so I can wear it at my whim. :cherry_blossom: :purple_heart:

At this point I was so excited I almost forgot about the note completely! It’s a beautiful card from when Erin was living in Japan. I’m so honored you would share this treasure with me! I have such a grateful heart right now. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you so much for being such an awesome partner as always, my friend. I’m sure we will swap again. :wink:

7 Likes

Beautiful…that necklace is just so unique and the colors…

Also, each one is indeed a little good thing…a very thoughtful collection of items!