Little Good Things of 2021-- gallery!

@EriChanHime - where did you get those sweet bunny earrings from??

1 Like

stunning hoop! @Abbeeroad

and so many wonderful goodies in this gallery – I definitely need to join the next round of this one…

2 Likes

I received my package from @magpie and it’s oh-so-lovely! (Sorry I’m late to the posting party @magpie…life was not conducive yesterday to posting. Lol.)

Here’s everything right after I opened the box:

Look at all the Dutch candies! I was cracking up that this chocolate bar was called Tony’s Chocolonely. And of course, little hands promptly saw candy and decided to help me out. We had a little tasting party pretty much right away.

And I got a cute lady bug card which will definitely be saved because it’s so pretty. :slight_smile:

The first thing I opened up was this cute little bookworm/inch worm! He has wire inside him so he can straighten out like a snake or scrunch up like an inchworm. My three year old was a big fan but the wee little worm will live in my room eventually.

And for the grand finale: a stumpwork flower! Stumpwork has always baffled me a bit and it was neat to see it up close in real life to inspect it. Lol! It’s currently hanging up on my card display, bringing a bit of flowery goodness to our lives.

The edges of the petals have wire in them so you can bend them and make them all 3D.

Thank you so much @magpie! It was quite a lovely treat to open and I love it all! I’ve been meaning to write you for the Happy Mail but I was waiting since I knew you were sending me something for this swap sooooo expect a thank you/happy mail delivery soon-ish! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

That stumpwork is gorgeous :open_mouth:

Tony’s is my absolute favourite chocolate.

1 Like

Beautiful stumpwork…and the little inchworm…too much cuteness in one package!

1 Like

Wonderful, so happy it arrived! The petals for that flower were started during @sheepBlue’s tutorial in Asheville, they just needed this inspiration to be finished and turned into an actual item. I added a little sparkly blue paint to the petal edges to disguise where the base fabric showed through, seems a good solution to that.
Take care with the sampling of those treats, @mel will attest to some of the pieces tasting of salty dirt! Dutch candy can be… interesting? Lol.

5 Likes

beautiful flower!!! and yes, be careful of any little brown balls…i did like most of them immensely and have been rationing them…but that brown one…sort of reminds me of beanboozled or whatever that jelly bean game the girls always like to play…

1 Like

Salmiak! Delicous :heart_eyes: but the lemon flavoured one is my favourite.

2 Likes

yes. i think there was also a very delightful pineapple one in there that was amazing!!

ETA - we really should do a candy swap next time around…that would be super fun!!

1 Like

What would we send? Maple candies? Nanaimo bars? Kinder eggs (ooh, not to the US!)?

1 Like

i think kit kats and coffee crisps too…i would send illegal kinder eggs. lolz. i still can never get over that they aren’t allowed those!!!

1 Like

We should totally do a candy swap, I love trying foreign sweets!

1 Like

wow!
lovely hoop & adorable worm (and of course the chocolate yumminess goes without saying)

eta: and @Magpie, I almost said that looks like what we learned in Asheville, but I was a little embarrassed that I never have finished mine…yours came out just super!

2 Likes

I was never finishing it without this swap. I had 2 petals done after our trip, lol. When I came across it while rummaging stash for ideas it spoke to me. So happy it did! I hope you’ll get yours done too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I’m still working on my squirrel.

1 Like

lol I still haven’t finished mine from the Canadian meet up! I only need one more petal…sigh

USA are not allowed kinder eggs???

That makes no sense

We can have the new ones…where the toy is not inside…heaven forbid some kid eats the egg and swallows the toy…They also took the toy out of Cracker Jacks…it is now just a sticker or fake tattoo stamp…same with Japanese rice candy…no little toy…BUT, our kids can eat trans fat in the form of margarine and other high calorie snacks…yep, makes no sense…

2 Likes

Well, that ruins kinder eggs for you.

The toys are in a pretty big plastic tablet, it’s gonna take some swallowing?!?!
Unless they’ve changed over the years.

2 Likes

I am pretty sure those plastic containers inside the Kinder eggs are bigger than the balloons that drug mules swallow… no idea how a kid could possibly swallow that.

1 Like

Baffling, right? & you can get in trouble for mailing them into the US too. That’s ok though, the “chocolate” on those things is just awful. And the toys are not that good these days either. Sad, I still have some from my 20’s that are the coolest things ever. They should bring back the classics!

2 Likes