Loch Ness Feltie - Monster Jam 2020

This is a category I rarely crafted for before but I am hooked now!
For 2020 Monster Jam - April Craftalong, I made this posable felt Loch Ness creature. I named him Finn.
I have always declared how much I hate to hand sew, but hand sewing felt isn’t nearly as bad as cotton fabric. I am rather enjoying it!
This guy had a lot of parts and I had a lot to learn. Even knotting the thread was different and then I had to pop it through to hide it. But I am so happy with how he turned out. He has a magnet in his mouth that attaches to the snorkel. I can’t wait to make more of these little guys. I want an entire village of felties now!!!
Sorry for the picture overload. I am excited and love him. :grinning:

and for size reference, here he is with my cat, Pandemonium. Pandy is part Maine coon and kind of big.

There is still time to join the monster fun! Monster Jam is for the entire month of April.

Monster Jam 2020-01

If you want to try this out here is the link to the pattern or kit. Nessie Lagoon Kit, Sea Monster Sewing Kit, Felt Sewing Kit - Etsy

25 Likes

I love Finn! He’s so cute, and the name is perfect. Magnet in the mouth is a genius idea, BTW. He is rocking those accessories!

1 Like

I’m in love. I am so happy that you got some close ups with the texture of the felt. It looks so cool. Those goggles are just tooo cute.

1 Like

OMG this is the cutest monster EVER! @kittykill, check him out, the wee fishy sweetness, it’s killer!

1 Like

OMG! The snorkel! I’m dying from the cuteness! And, such a clever idea to use a magnet to attach it. I can’t wait to see what other felt creatures you dream up!

2 Likes

So stinking cute! The goggles!

1 Like

Oh gosh, I love him :two_hearts:

It’s really cool that you got him to stand!

1 Like

I love him!!

1 Like

Oh man…he’s awesome! You should be excited and proud! Your hand stitching is fabulous! And I love his accessories. :laughing:

1 Like

For the record, this one is a pattern. I figured I would do a few patterns, figure out how to sew felt and then start modifying them to make my own, new creatures. But I have so many ideas already!

@gozer I was RIGHT! This little guy is completely delightful! I love the multi color felt! And the snorkel and mask is truly hilarious. Love love love

1 Like

He’s so sweet!

1 Like

Awww this is adorable! And yessss, welcome to the world of felt!!! XD

1 Like

Oh I love him, he’s absolutely adooooooorable, and that snorkel is just the perfect touch too!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Finn is adorable but then I saw him with a snorkel
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Congrats! Your little Loch Ness Feltie is one of this week’s featured projects.

3 Likes

Love the mask and snorkle! Just what a watery monster needs. :rofl:

1 Like

Oh my gosh! Thank you!!! :tada:

Sooo adorable!!

1 Like

I’m seriously considering buying this pattern because your Finn is just so darn cute! But I tend to get super-confused with patterns, and super-frustrated sewing tiny things… basically, I guess I’m asking how terrible is this going to be? :slight_smile: I’ve never sewn anything 3-D in felt before, just badges/ twichies. I have made a few fleece stuffies, but nothing very complex.

1 Like