Mask-Along

Try Magpie’s mask pattern. I thought I had a great pattern until I tried hers. It is the best! The only draw back is you can’t use elastic hair ties, which were my go-to. I use t shirt strips or regular elastic for her pattern.

2 Likes

Second this!

1 Like

I third it. It really is a comfortable mask, that leaves a little more room around your mouth, so you don’t feel so smothered, but still is nice and fitted against the face at the nose and chin, so there are no gaps. And the tee shirt ties are so comfortable.

1 Like

I will have a look at that one.

MIL has made us masks but they’re not fitted, and mine get quite close to my eyes… :open_mouth: . I always wanted to make fitted ones (the ones that are not pleated). Definitely will need the nose fitted because of my glasses… :wink:

Good for asthmatics then with the fit.

I don’t mind the elastics, as I’m planning on making the “ear buddies” (crocheted strips with buttons to hook your elastics in) - my ears are funny shaped for the masks! :wink:

1 Like

Latest bunch of adult masks, reg and large (you can’t tell them apart aside from the number of pleats). 24 count this time. I’m now known as the little old church lady to recipients. Ha, little do they know that I am a big fierce old lady. :japanese_ogre:

2 Likes

Latest bunch of adult masks, reg and large (you can’t tell them apart aside from the number of pleats). 24 count this time. I’m now known as the little old church lady to recipients. Ha, little do they know that I am a big fierce old lady. :japanese_ogre:

4 Likes

Haha! Yes, rocking old church lady @marionberries!! You’re kicking butt!

I cut out a bunch more masks to work on over the weekend, but I finished up this embroidered one for a friend today:

It was fun to incorporate something different!

6 Likes

I love the two tone look. Very pretty.

And someone wore a spiderman fabric mask I made to get married in! Rock on!

2 Likes

I love, love, love this embroidered mask! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Awesome @marionberries!!!

Thanks @MightyMitochondria! Happy birthday!! :smile:

1 Like

You totally can! Add them to both sides before sewing the second curve then take care not to catch them in any stitching. If they end up too tight over the ears, tweak the mask pattern to extend the sides. If the elastic breaks down with laundering, cut it out & replace with the cord of your choosing. I have found nylon stocking a more comfy alternative to elastic or t-shirt fabric, it’s super soft & durable and can be cut quite thinly so less bulk behind the ears.

2 Likes

This week’s donation, 8 adult and 24 kids. Our church sent care packages to our college kids. Snacks, fidget toys, etc. And my masks. The kids loved them. With dorm quarantines, on line classes, constant virus testing, it’s hard. And scary. So a fun mask does brighten the day !

5 Likes

I made a few masks this weekend. 2 for my MIL that I forgot to take pics of (of course). She works in a school library so needed to add to her mask “wardrobe” lol.

I also made 4 more for local boys:

2 more for my daughters who are wearing more masks for our outdoor outings. Our masks all got pretty sweaty after a hike this weekend and we all needed to swap for dry ones. I hate not being able to smell the woods but with many indoor activities closed or cancelled still the trails can get pretty crowded.

Then at dinner my son tells me that he needs a mask for band that allows him to play his saxophone. Ummm…ok. I played around with @Magpie’s pattern and came up with this. It’s still not perfect but I think it will work!

5 Likes

That’s stunning! I think more people would wear masks all the time if they were all so very very pretty! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still producing much more slowly than before, but here are the masks Mom and I have made since last time. We’ve been donating lately to the food bank, a local women’s shelter, and a retirement home (to both residents and carers). And of course we’re still keeping the ones on the porch for delivery people stocked up at all times; I’m happy that people continue to take them!

Eeek, it’s getting too wet and rainy to take photos outside!

8 Likes

I love all the fun colorful masks and @roler, you have more patience to photo and post so many pictures! Makes me want to come pick one out!

I just dump them in a pile and click.

I think I will make holiday ones for our church’s virtual holiday fair…probably allow people to order qty and size so I can make as needed.

1 Like

You should be proud! That is awesome. I love the idea of matching masks to an outfit.

1 Like

This weeks donations: 24 kids masks and 15 samples for our now virtual charity holiday fair. Two sets, regular holiday and for thr Pride shop…rainbows forever.

4 Likes

Love the rainbows!!!