Mask-Along

It’s all good. :slight_smile: I know it’s a tough call for the district. Everyone is doing the best that they can right now!

Mr. Road has been asking for more masks…it’s just so back burner right now, lol.

1 Like

More masks for daycares and hospital groups. Last week was 2 dozen adult holiday masks and this week is a dozen holiday adult masks, leftovers, and 2 dozen kid masks. They go mostly to kids with over-worn disposable masks or inadequate masks. Kids love them! I just passed 700 masks.

And all packed up ready for pickup.

1 Like

We are such an incredible generous and productive person! Just WOW…700 masks?

I really do need to make fresh supplies for everyone…we still have a ways to go and more and more people are taking safety seriously…

The kids’ masks are so sad for me, but at least they can be cheery in fabric choices!

2 Likes

Thank you. And I just completed 24 more kids masks. Same fabrics as before. Now on to some for college students.

1 Like

I made 6 yesterday and (not pictured) 4 today! I have a stack of at least 5 more waiting for me…

This is what no swaps or Xmas crafting leaves me with, lol.

3 Likes

LOL, I know what you mean! I don’t know what to do without a project. I thought I had a needle felting project for my break from school, but my only two needles are dull and worn out. Now I have to wait for new ones to arrive. :sob::sob::sob:

I particularly like the triangle fabric. I think it would coordinate with a lot of outfits. I haven’t tried beads on the ear loops. Do you like them? Do you have to readjust often? My husband prefers tshirt fabric for the loops. I have just been making them with ugly knots. I should probably try the beads for him.

I do like the beads! I actually have not had to readjust mine but admittedly I don’t wear my mask on a daily basis. Mr. Road wears his to work all day every day and has never complained about the beads (and he would if they were a prob, believe me!).

I have had to replace the t-shirt yarn made from thinner tees because they can slip in the bead and loosen. But lately I’ve had the opposite problem: the t-shirt yarn is thicker and a pain to get through the beads. Once I wrestle it in there it’s not going anywhere lol.

I will say that Mr. Road does not wear glasses which is an added complication with the bead. I have trouble with my glasses falling off with the mask so I tuck the ear pieces inside the t-shirt yarn loop. Then I do have to position the beads around my glasses sometimes, but once I find a good spot I don’t really play with them for the duration of the wear.

1 Like

My DW wears a mask at work a lot. It varies who is in the building that day and if they are preparing for a service or it’s Sunday morning. She is a sexton, and sound/video person for a church. I custom make her masks, she has a narrow face and likes the more fitted style whereas I like the rectangular pleated ones.

I love seeing all the masks and the fabrics!

2 Likes

Just because I’m bored with the masks I have.

2 Likes

Made 4 more today to send to my bro and his family…

5 Likes

Great fabrics!

1 Like

I’m up 60 masks since the last post. My anxiety goes up, mask making goes up. I guess l need to hug more kittens.

3 Likes

Yeesh, lady! I tallied up my masks the other day just for the heck of it and I barely cleared 100. You’re amazing!!

1 Like

Or crazy…I prefer crazy! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I ordered Klimt mask templates on Spoonflower and here are the results.

5 Likes

Beautiful!

Awesome!!!

i know it’s been a bit since your OP, but do you remember where you got the dice an dungeon fabrics? DH is asking for me now that he saw me scrolling LOL

Spoonflower has D&D dice fabric. That might be where it came from.

Well, just about the last thing I wanted to spend my craft time making was more masks, but I just kind of needed them. I mean, I have enough masks, but not ones that fit as well or as comfotable as the latest batch which are xmas prints. Sigh.

What makes them comfortable is that they are flannel lined which is A LOT easier on my skin.

Masks05-02

I still have to add the elastic. I go with an over the head and behind the neck method which makes them harder to photograph vs. behind the ears.

2 Likes