Masterboard

My first paper masterboard!
Made with just paper and glue. I have paints, stencils etc, but they are all downstairs and so are the, urgh, you know … children :confounded::confounded::confounded:

Just need to let it dry ready for the next bit.

(Just to be clear - I love my boys but today…distance is good! I don’t often shout at them, so when I did do for the 5th time in about ½hour, something had to be done. Walk was thwarted by hail, so essential supply gathered (chocolate) and social isolation imposed :wink::joy::joy:)

13 Likes

Looks like the perfect project for stress relief! Tearing and gluing paper…looking good!

At least you recognize your own self and took charge to take care of yourself and thus help your boys as well! Good plan!

2 Likes

Cool!!

Looks like a good antidote for wanting to scream at your nearest & dearest. I should try this with my kid the next time she asks what we can do, maybe outside on the back porch.

2 Likes

Nice job on your first master board! I like how it’s a bit of an I Spy with all of the images peeking through. Excellent stress reliever, too. During this stressful time, it’s totally okay for you to take a break.

1 Like

It sounds like an eye twitch inducing day! I too have found that deep breaths, crafting, and a bit of ‘me’ time can help reduce the winky eye :wink:.

This is looking good! What’s your next bit going to consist of?

1 Like

Excellent work! What are you planning next? I like flicking paint, black & gold are nice.
Every time I make a master board it looks like a hot mess until it’s cut up. Then it becomes a magical background with amazing depth & detail. Even though I “know” this I still think I’ve messed it up and that it’s too ugly to use. Every time. It’s the weirdest process! A real exercise in letting go of control & trusting.
Looky here, and here. Ugly until the last stage then “poof!”, Magic!
Can’t wait to see what you create with yours :).

2 Likes

I really like how soft and spring like it is!

1 Like

It certainly was eye twitching yesterday.
Things are calmer today, thankfully.
DS1 & I have been doing class work. DS2 didn’t want to, so I’ve been keeping him busy with jobs most of the day. Our house is much cleaner now, but still got a few things left he can do if he feels the same tomorrow :+1::wink:
As for next part - that bit is a secret, at least for a while :smiley:

2 Likes

I love this! I’m totally going to do this, too. :blush: Thanks for the inspiration!