Maybe Tomorrow, Satan! Cross Stitch Pillow Cover

I picked up this great pattern from HappySlothPatterns on Etsy a few weeks ago and just finished it this afternoon! I’d already dug around in my fabric stash for the material to make it into a throw pillow cover, so I was ready to do that, too.

MaybeTomorrowSatan02

I made a window in the front piece and sewed the finished cross stitch behind it. Then I sewed a zipper into what would be the bottom of the pillow. I was inspired to used a zipper closure by the awesome Bigfoot pillow I received in a swap with @MistressJennie!*

Luckily, I had just the right slate grey zipper in my stash, too! Look at this vintage package… only 40 cents! This either came with my grandmother’s sewing supplies or in a bag of notions picked up at a thrift store or garage sale.

Even the dye and aida cloth came from stash! Well, the aida cloth came from @kittykill’s stash, but still. :upside_down_face:

I have long been enamored of having various seasonal, holiday, mood throw pillows, but not at all enamored of storing so many pillows; I don’t know why it took so long for me to realize I could make and store pillow covers and just have a couple of pillow forms to use! D’oh! This one will go on our bed with our new, but not-yet-laundered quilt and shams. YEY!

MaybeTomorrowSatan06

*I didn’t even remember that 12x16 pillowforms were a thing, but found this one and realized it would be great for Satan. Then when I received the fantastic Bigfoot pillow from Jennie it was ALSO this size pillow!

26 Likes

I had a very good cackle at this! And I never thought about changing out covers on a single throw pillow either… Though it will now be the norm, and I’m telling others!

2 Likes

This is the most awesomely awesome that ever awesomed.

2 Likes

Thanks, friends!

This is hysterical! And so very well done! I love it! Excellent idea about throw pillows as well… It has never occurred to me, either! Glad we gave you around to wake us all up to the possibilities… I’m foreseeing lots of pillow covers in LC’s future! Where’s that dang crystal ball emoji?

1 Like

Thank you!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I laughed so hard! Hilariously amazing. You crack me up!

2 Likes

Epic!

1 Like

Oh my gosh, they is amazing. I have no words for how awesome it is!

Thanks so much! If you enjoy this and also do cross stitch, check out the HappySlothPatterns shop!

1 Like

I totally thought of Bianca Del Rio before I saw the image. It looks like it came right out of a comic! Well done!

Could not love this more. It’s the perfect 2020 pillow.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

Love it!

1 Like

I snort-laughed and it wasn’t pretty. :rofl:
I like how you inserted the cross-stitch panel and count me as another who should-have-but-never-did think about swappable pillow covers!! (spell check tells me that “swappable” is not a word. Spell check is not familiar with LCers, apparently).

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Maybe Tomorrow, Satan Pillow is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

1 Like

WOW! Thank you!

Mission Status: Accomplished!

2 Likes

This is a great idea! May have to save this to my list of things to do as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is pretty wonderful. I love it lots. :smiling_imp:

Thanks so much!