Meal Prepalong

Yum, those all sound good! Saturday I made up my enchilada soup but haven’t had any yet, we went out for fancy dinner last night with friends.

1 Like

Ooh, those look amazing! I am def going to try to make a keto version of this!

I’m so excited, my containers came today! Time to start cooking!

2 Likes

Done for the day. I need to do prep for smoothies but that won’t take too long. I’m lacking the space to put it.

4 Likes

@zubrickk Now that my daughter does her own meal prep, I’m running into this problem as well. No room in the fridge!

1 Like

I had some old bananas to use up and used 2 to make these 3 mini loaves of banana bread. I’ll freeze 2 of them for later.

I had 2 more bananas and I just threw them in the freezer and will figure out what to do with them later.

4 Likes

@TRinaLockary Thank you for the inspiration, I modified a keto breakfast biscuit recipe to make these and now I’ve got bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits for days!

Heccin’ delicious with a little butter and Everything But the Bagel Seasoning! :star_struck:

1 Like

@geekgirl
I freeze bananas for later use all the time! I can’t make mini loaves of banana bread though. If I did, each kid would claim one for themselves as would my husband and I would be left banana bread-less! LoL

3 Likes

What are everyone’s plans for the week? I’m going to attempt to make taco pasta again. I made Mexican rice last week and it made double the amount of servings the recipe said so I didn’t need a second recipe for lunches. I’m making veggie wraps for lunches with fruit, carrots, and squares of chocolate for sides. I might prep my smoothies if I can find something to put them in. Also making more overnight oats with raspberries.

1 Like

I am prepping tomorrow since I have the day off. I’m making roast butternut squash soup for lunch and baked egg cups for breakfast. I have clementiness and whole wheat crackers.

1 Like

I’m prepping tomorrow, too. I’ve got homemade Turkey stock cooling in the fridge, so I think soup of some kind is in order, in addition to the regular breakfasts and set snacks!

Here’s what I’ve got! Thursday was my shopping and prep day so I’ve already made some of this.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what do you all pack for snacks?

I tend to pack whole wheat crackers, cheese sticks (not as often as I used to though…), fruit w/ cottage cheese, or nuts. I prefer something that can be eaten easily as I quite often have to run errands around my school during my snack time. I tend to carry it with me as I go.

Chicken enchilada soup ftw, @MareMare! That’s what I’ll make! Thanks!

Fruit and yogurt, hard boiled eggs, sliced sweet peppers, applesauce, protein drinks, maybe a cereal bar if I’m in a pinch.

1 Like

I eat fruit, veggies with dip, or chocolate. Once in a while I might get a box of Larabars or cookies.

Okay, here is what I made today:

Egg casserole
Hardboiled eggs
Black bean enchilada soup (served with tortilla chips and cheddar cheese)
White bean turkey chili (served with mozzarella on top)

1 Like

There are some great ideas here, I like how some of you are able to prep different things each day, but for me meal prepping is best if I can do one large thing and then combine it with other things until I run out of it

I made a Mexican casserole, the base is from a bag, but I always end up adding more seasoning, and I always avoid adding meat if I can avoid it so I can change things up, but I add more rice, beans and corn, so I end up with a pot that will hopefully last a week.

So far these are the options I came up with, I will try to add fresh veggies to as many of the options as possible

My plan, in order to make things different is like this:
option 1: casserole with buttered bread
option 2: casserole, cheese in a tortilla or pita
option 3: casserole with sausage
option 4: casserole with chicken breast
option 5: casserole nachos/taco, cheese and greek yogurt
option 6: casserole “sloppy joes”
option 7: casserole on pita as pizza, with pepperoni and other pizza toppings

The casserole is now in a box in the fridge, the meats are in the freezer, and the only thing I might need to buy are the fresh veggies.
I don’t know if the whole casserole will last for 7 days, but at least there are options for me to pick from if it does

3 Likes

Fabulous idea! I’ll have to try that!

Last week was soups, this week I have curries on the menu :smiley: Curries are so delish with cauliflower rice!

I made a batch of thai green curry (chicken, bamboo shoots, tofu and lots of thai basil) yesterday…froze half of it for another meal.

Since I had a bag of lentils, I also made some dal tikka masala. I used my fave chickpea tikka masala recipe and substituted lentils for chickpeas (because I couldn’t find any chickpeas in my pantry).

And I have everything I need to whip up some beef rendang later in the week. This is a no brainer because a friend sent me a packet of spice mix that I’ve been wanting to try :laughing:

1 Like

I love Indian food but the only thing I’ve made that I’ve really gotten right is Aloo Matar.