Meal Prepalong

Oooh! Which containers did you get?

And your plans sound so yummy. I haven’t worked a lot with tofu - do you get the firm?

I got these from Amazon. They’re three compartments, so I can fit my snacks.

I use tofu a lot. I get extra firm, and sometimes sprouted, since that doesn’t have any water. But I did get a tofu press for Christmas, and I’m pretty excited about it. I’ve only used it once, but it got so much extra water out without crushing the tofu block. It baked up a lot better than usual. Sometimes I made jerky out of tofu slices, so the press will be a big help.

1 Like

I have never heard of a tofu press, but the water thing is one of the reasons I haven’t used it often. I’ll have to check it out!

And good choice for the prepping containers! I’m currently in the “Use 500 different containers for each of the foods” camp, but it gets rather cramped in my bag.

Hello everyone!

@zubrickk. I use meal prep containers that I picked up on Amazon. I’ve not tried bento, but my daughter would love this.

I’ve made pan seared tilapia with mashed cauliflower and green beans. For breakfast, I’m making over night oats and snack will be Mandarin oranges slices with a bit of havarti cheese.

My daughter is making a chicken bacon ranch dish and breakfast quesadillas.

3 Likes

Does anyone make cold brew coffee for the week? I usually have to make it twice because I drink a lot, but it’s so much easier than using the french press every day. I bought a nut milk bag and put all my grounds in it, then dunk it in a pitcher overnight.

1 Like

Oatmeal done for the week.

2 Likes

I’ve wanted to give agave a try, but I’m curious as to what it would do to my blood sugar levels. Need to read up on it.

1 Like

I love my tofu press!

I don’t work a regular mon-fri work schedules and 2 of my 3 jobs are work from home, so I usually prep monday or wednesday or whenever lol.

1 Like

My meal prep over the weekend was 3 vats of soup :slight_smile:
Lately, I’ve been jonesing for soup and either a salad or bread.
On the menu for the week are chicken tortilla soup, sausage kale soup and tom kha gai.
After figuring out what I can consume for the week, I also froze some for future meals.

1 Like

I made my partner a dozen breakfast biscuits that we wrapped and froze.

First I made a pan of baked eggs about 3/4 inch thick - 12 eggs, a cup or so of ham I shaved off of a big piece of thanksgiving ham that was frozen, a cup of sharp cheddar cheese and 1/2 a cup of milk. (The meat and cheese can change as needed to use up leftovers)

After this cooked (in about 15 minutes at 350°) I got out a basic biscuit mix like Bisquick and measured out enough for 12 drop biscuits (I usually use the box but I had been given two small bags)
I used milk instead of water and added 3 eggs and a half cup of cheese to the biscuit mix and then diced up the baked eggs, meat and cheese then stirred them into the biscuit mix.

I made large drop biscuits in my “muffin top” pans but directly on to an oiled cookie sheet would work.

I cooked these following the directions on the box and checked they were done with a toothpick.

After they cooled I put them in fold over sandwich bags and put 6 at a time in gallon freezer bags.

6 Likes

We have a weird week ahead. Been in Wi for the holidays, but long-term work project in El Paso, Tx which we head back to Wednesday.

So I made for this week:
-taco ground beef & salsa for tacos & nachos
-butter chicken curry
-corned beef (just finished brining & cooked it for reubens & we eat it with potatoes & sauerkraut)
-breakfast burritos
-overnight oats

Tried to do low clean up & easy travel foods.

1 Like

I do more meal planning than prepping. I planned out our dinners this week. I am anxious to try a new garlic sesame ramen recipe.

2 Likes

I’m so impressed with everyone’s meals!

I had the best of intentions yesterday, but … went out to dinner. So I (sort of?) prepped by ordering pad thai for lunch today. :laughing:

I need to do my breakfasts and snacks when I get home today and soup for dinner so I can take leftovers.

This sounds interesting. Would like the recipe if you end up liking it.

2 Likes

Yum, those all sound good! Saturday I made up my enchilada soup but haven’t had any yet, we went out for fancy dinner last night with friends.

1 Like

Ooh, those look amazing! I am def going to try to make a keto version of this!

I’m so excited, my containers came today! Time to start cooking!

2 Likes

Done for the day. I need to do prep for smoothies but that won’t take too long. I’m lacking the space to put it.

4 Likes

@zubrickk Now that my daughter does her own meal prep, I’m running into this problem as well. No room in the fridge!

1 Like

I had some old bananas to use up and used 2 to make these 3 mini loaves of banana bread. I’ll freeze 2 of them for later.

I had 2 more bananas and I just threw them in the freezer and will figure out what to do with them later.

4 Likes