While packing for a trip last weekend that involved several hours of car travel, I knew I needed something to keep me busy. And, since I can crochet without getting carsick, I decided to try to use up some leftover cotton yarn from previous dishcloth projects.
For the first one, I didn’t realize I had as much purple left as I did, and if I had been paying better attention, I would have made several purple stripes instead of one big block. But, I did manage to use almost all of it up. I was a couple of stitches shy of one more row.
The photo for this one really doesn’t show the color very well. I’ll try to get a better one when I have better lighting. But, it’s made with a light aqua yarn and 2 shades of blue. I started and ended with 5 rows of the aqua, and all of the other stripes were 3 rows each.
I think the first one had 27 stitches across for the starting chain, and the second one had 29 stitches across for the starting chain.