Multicolored Penguono

I’ve been meaning to make this sweater pattern since it came out several years ago and finally got the ambition to start it this spring. I finished it just in time for hot summer weather, but I’m sure I’ll use it this winter. It’s going to be my snuggly house sweater! The pattern is the Penguono by Stephen West.

Here are some photos of me attempting to be the best model I can:
The front

The back

I dyed all of the yarn myself for the project using a whole 10 pack of Knit Picks Bare Swish Fingering yarn and a few that I overdyed from mismatched sets. Here’s a link to the post with my yarn. I held the yarn triple to make it comfy and oversized.

Now I just have to wait for Michigan winter to arrive. I’m sure it’ll be here before I know it. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Dude. :joy:

Lovely sweater. You are a gas.

2 Likes

His patterns are so much fun - there’s a few I’ve been meaning to try. I love your version of this sweater - the colors are amazing. You are going to be so cozy when the weather turns.

2 Likes

I love Stephen West but have not been brave enough to undertake such a huge project!

Your sweater came out great…and the fact that you so customized it with your own dyed yarn…you are a knitting superhero!!

3 Likes

WHOA and WOW! The sweater is so nice and the yarn is so cool and YOU MADE IT ALL!

2 Likes

Gawjus!

I’m dreaming of winter, it’s been 105° + for what seems like weeks.

5 Likes

ooh this turned out fabulous! I bought one of his sweater patterns and have been collecting yarn for it, but am waiting for the weather to turn cool before trying it out. Dyeing your own yarn is inspiring!

3 Likes

It looks great on you! And I love that you dyed the yarn, too. That’s Next Level, right there!

3 Likes

You look fantastic in your gorgeous rainbow sweater! :rainbow:

3 Likes

This is gorgeous and it looks great on you

2 Likes

This is lovely!

2 Likes

Thus will be a super cuddly addition to your winter wardrobe! And those cheerful colors will brighten up gloomy winter days, too! Beautiful!

All of you clothes-knitter people are inspiring!

2 Likes

Amazing!!! It looks wonderfully cozy and how cool you dyed the yarn!

2 Likes

Lovely sweater!
And so great to see the Happy Monster Painter in person!
Wave HI !

3 Likes

Gorgeous sweater. The colours are stunning!

2 Likes

This is beyond cool, and warm too! Ha! Love the colors you created. The grays make the vibrant colors pop even more! Fantasic design. I have a feeling you will be living in this come winter.

1 Like

This reminds me of the woven cowl you made me. I love the bright colors! What a fashionably cozy way to brighten up gray winter days. Also, your modeling skills are top notch :ok_hand:, I especially like the Vanna White pose :smile:.

1 Like

Hahah! I feel like I look like an awkward person trying to be a cactus, but I appreciate your nice comments!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your kind comments!

1 Like