Scrappy Granny Stripe Blanket - Talk Scrappy To Me Challenge Entry

When I saw the challenge I was inspired! I had JUST finished my penguono sweater when it was announced. Although the sweater used a lot of yarn, I still had a bunch leftover. I have always loved granny stripe blankets and figured it was time to make my own. I had to triple time it to get this done in time for the challenge, but it looks like I just made it.

Folded neatly close to show the stripes:

A little larger to show the colors. Instead of randomly picking up the balls, I decided to make a rainbow of sorts with the colors for maximum fun!

I continued on with the blanket until I only had enough for one stripe left in the navy blue. I ended up with a decent sized lap blanket:

And this is all I have left of the massive amount of yarn that I dyed for the sweater! I’ll call that a win and think of another scrappy project to use the rest up!

I think I’m going to take it to work so it can be my buffer for the arctic air conditioning.

34 Likes

I_love_this_ SO HARD! The colors! In that order! The texture of that stitch!

1 Like

those colors! wow - absolutely gorgeous

1 Like

That looks snuggly and perfect, and those colours! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

So much love for this!!! The colors are just spectacular! :star_struck:

1 Like

This is gorgeous. The colors are so rich and vibrant. I’d say it was an awesome win!

1 Like

Ooohhh I love this, the colours are fabulous and that yarn looks really soft :heart::heart:

1 Like

So fun and colorful! Everyone in your office will want to “borrow” it…

1 Like

Absolutely fabulous!

1 Like

This yarn is absolute eye candy and you stitched it up beautifully!

2 Likes

Oh my word, that’s glorious. Don’t let me near your scrappy leftover bits -YOINK! ~stolen, lol.

3 Likes

Well done! Nice to have two projects with that beautiful yarn you dyed!

1 Like

I absolutely love this! It’s so beautiful!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

So gorgeous! The colors are so lush.

1 Like

This is a beauty! Make sure you chain it to your desk so no one in the office steals it!

3 Likes

That’s the perfect size for a work blanket! And I seriously love the colors you dyed. It looks amazing, and love the stitch too. Perfection!

2 Likes

So, so gorgeous! Love it. The colors are so rich and jewel-like.

1 Like

Such saturation of color - I love it! I also love that you put all those scraps to such good use. Great way to use it all (almost) up!

1 Like

Love it…seems cozy…

1 Like