Nerd Games Discussion Thread

Poor kitty. And poor you. I hope the bath isn’t too traumatic for either of you. We will probably play for a while, and you can jump in at any time if I remember correctly.

Monkey wants to play, too :crazy_face:

1 Like

Ok! Here’s the link to our game!

https://pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=4

If it asks for a password, the password is nerdgames

If your SO would like to join in, the more the merrier! Mr SBC will probably play with us.

Quick note: Sometimes the page freezes for a bit. If you hit the refresh button on your browser, you’ll jump right back into the game. The worst that happens is you don’t get to pick a card to play, or if you’re the card czar, you may time out on picking the winning card (if I remember correctly… I haven’t played in a loooooong time).

I am in but for some reason it won’t let me use the chat. So I’ll say hi here! And sorry if my brain is extra foggy today: Covid is, unsurprisingly, No Fun At All.

1 Like

Btw, starting up an LC discord server (apologies if there already was one!) so people can chat if they like! :slight_smile: Please click here to join!

1 Like

Thank you, @roler and @LovelyMiss for meeting up to play games! We ended up playing a few rounds of CAH and then a few rounds of Pictionary.

If anyone wants to try to meet up to play later this week, let us know what day(s) and time(s) work best for you, and we can probably make something happen! :hearts:

3 Likes

It was super fun! Thanks for organizing it!

3 Likes

Oh my goodness! I dont want to ruin anything, but I got my prize package from @LovelyMiss today!!! It is INSANE!!! It is packed with so many incredible things. Once more people get theirs I will post pics. Everyone is going to be jealous. I flipped out when i opened it. Thank you so much LovelyMiss. This was the absolute sweetest and you went above and beyond, way beyond!

4 Likes

I am already jealous! I’m so happy my crafty bug is coming back. Last season I was not in a good head space. I am nearly done with a mosaic pattern I’m testing for one of my favorite designers. I can’t wait to show it off once she gives me the okay!

I’m also excited about the cryptid swap. I’m hoping I’ll have something I can finally share to the games soon :blush:

5 Likes

I’m so glad you like it, @gozer! It was really fun to put together. It looks like all of them have been delivered!

I think I’ll offer the same prize in summer for those who weren’t able to claim it last season. For those who got it, I’ll offer a level 2 with different requirements (and folks who want to complete both for summer can get both). :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh.my.goodness!! I got my package too and gozer is not exaggerating!! @LovelyMiss you are SO generous!! It absolutely made my day!! Thank you SOOOO much!!! <3 <3 <3

4 Likes

So can i share a pic, or should we save it to surprise people later?

1 Like

Definitely feel free to post photos if you want!

2 Likes

Here is the main, personalized, item.

And because I want to assure @LovelyMiss that yhese are appreciated, here it is desplayed in my living room along with my other Games medal!

8 Likes

Oh, wow! This is amazing!!! You’re right! 100% jealous! :hearts:

3 Likes

And that doesn’t even include all the other amazing crafting supplies!! Thank you SO much, LovelyMiss!! <3 <3

4 Likes

I figured those may change.
Who else has both the trophy and medal?

2 Likes

This package was AWESOMESAUCE!! I freaking LOVE it!

Thank you @LovelyMiss you are very generous! And how amazing are you to offer a second round?? :star_struck:

4 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

So far this season, we have 8 active players! A total of 24 projects have been posted.

Here is where each team stands currently:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Running with Scissors 2 6 240 120
Knotty by Nature 2 7 240 120
Bits and Bobs 4 11 360 90

Battle Royale Results:

April # Results
King 4 WINNER!
Fool 1
May # Results
TBD
TBD
June # Results
TBD
TBD

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

1 Like

OMG! Now I’m even more disappointed in myself for not getting more things done.

But, in all honesty, I need to cut myself some slack because this has been a challenging year so far. So, I am envious of those of you who made enough to earn one of those glorious prizes!

Congratulations to those who earned one! You rock!

3 Likes

So, in looking at the June prompts, I realized that I never even added the May prompts to my Spring Nerd Games tracking document. Holy cow- I’ve never done that before… And I missed 2 more monthly battles. School is finished in 15 days, so I hope I can get some things done before the end of the month. Although, I only have about a week before I have to attend a training out of town. I’ll have to see if I can bring along any crafts I can make in my hotel room!

2 Likes