CLOSED - Nerd Games - Summer 2023

I laughed way too hard at this!!! :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

6 Likes

Eeep, I’m so late to this season, but it looks so fun! I only have time to post a quick battle right now but I’ll try to post a lot more next week!

Prompt: July Battle - Reproduction
Team: Team Columbo
Project Name: Smoliv ATC for ME!
Project Link:
Brief Description: I’ve recently been having fun carving stamps! I made a stamp of one of the newest generation of Pokémon, Smoliv, to make an ATC for a swap at work, but since I still had the stamp, I ALSO made a card for me! It’s not an exact reproduction of the card I gave away, but similar in style. This one is my reproduction!
Project Photo(s):

11 Likes

@roler, your stamp turned out great and I love that you are making your own cards!

Your post reminded me that I needed to post mine!

Prompt: Pop-Art - July
Team: Nancy Drew
Project Name: Bee Hang On
Project Link: Lazy Girl Design Hang On
Brief Description: This Hang On has geometric designs in the honeycombs!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Impressionism - July
Project Name: Mushroom Hang On
Brief Description: This Hang On has a fake wood texture fabric.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Realism - July
Project Name: Paw Print Hang On
Brief Description: This Hang On is useful in everyday life.
Project Photo(s):

11 Likes

Prompt: July - Surrealism
Project Name: creepy kind of surreal cat
Project Link:
Brief Description: I decided to try needle felting something flat. I feel like this is a little creepy and not quite realism.
Project Photo(s):

11 Likes

@storerboughtcreation as a cat lover and Team member i love it!

1 Like

This is my first time participating in the Nerd Games, it sounds like fun!

Prompt: July - Impressionism
Project Name: Purrmaid
Project Link: Purrmaid Pillow
Brief Description: This pillow is made with a soft minky-like fabric.
Project Photo(s):

12 Likes

Welcome! your purr-maid is adorable! We’re so happy to have you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Welcome to the Games! I love how its natural arm (paw?) position makes it look like it’s posing for the photo.

3 Likes

Yay, Team Columbo!

Prompt: July Battle - Original
Project Name: Rhubarb syrup
Project Link:
Brief Description: I had too much rhubarb to use, so I froze some, made another pie, and made some into a simple syrup that will be fun to mix with seltzer for a little rhubarb soda treat. I just simmered the rhubarb in water, put it through a fine mesh strainer, and kept it heated while the added sugar dissolved. It’s very sweet, but you can taste the rhubarb. Cool!

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Pop art
Project Name: Stay strong drawing
Project Link:
Brief Description: I wanted to include a little art in one of the cards I sent out for my letter writing group recently. It was for someone who loves weightlifting and recently had surgery. I found a reference image online and then free-handed it with micron pens and added the lettering. It was about the size of two ATCs.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Impressionism
Project Name: Rainbow diamond painting
Project Link:
Brief Description: I wanted something easy to do to wind down in bed that still felt creative. I got this kid’s diamond painting set (of 2) that was easy and fun (and still somehow took 2 hours each). It’s got pastel-y tones.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Realism
Project Name: Smoothie preps
Project Link:
Brief Description: I had a bunch of produce that needed a purpose, so I pre-made some smoothie bags for easy meals/treats. Very useful! (As a side note, I pitted that entire container of cherries by hand and looked like an axe murderer by the end. :joy: )

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Surrealism
Project Name: Unicorn diamond painting
Project Link:
Brief Description: The other from my kit. Unicorns are from a fantasy world.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Cubism
Project Name: Raku pottery
Project Link:
Brief Description: I took a raku pottery workshop with my mom and grandma. It was so awesome! I’m definitely into it and want to do more. They were very solid pieces in the end, literally and metaphorically (as in they turned out well)!

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range
Project Name: Strawberry rhubarb crumble pie
Project Link:
Brief Description: Here’s the pie I made with the rhubarb, too. Yes, another. When a recipe works and is delicious, why not?! Lol.

Project Photo(s):

10 Likes

Welcome @AudiobookLover! I’m so glad you decided to jump into the fun! Your pillow is adorable! Purrfect!

1 Like

Been there :laughing:.

5 Likes

Anniversary Retrospective

It was hard to choose which are my favorites because I like most of the things I make for different reasons! Here are some that I remembered off the top of my head though. In no particular order:

Poppet

Whimsy Tree Shrine

Art Doll

Zombie Triptych (this was before I learned how to take better photos, lol)

Acrylic Panel Collage

Star Trek Beaded Curtain

Louise Hat

Necessary Clutch (I’m still using this wallet six years later :D)

Junk Journal

Venom Copic Marker Drawing

8 Likes

Prompt: Pop Art (July)
Team: Miss Marple
Project Name: Bubble Mailer Book
Project Link: Address Book from Bubble Mailer & Calendar Scraps
Brief Description: The pages in this book are pretty striking/bold. Plus, hot pink cover!
Project Photo(s): Sample interior photo:

10 Likes

@LovelyMiss - I still have, and use, that Louise hat every Halloween! It has really held up well and is amazing. I love it too!

2 Likes

Prompt: June battle- original
Team: Sherlock
Project Name: Lemon and cheese ATC
Project Link: Lemon & Cheese-a family ATC (and bonus recipe)
Brief Description: This is my original art work, backed by an original masterboard by @Reinikka.
Project Photo(s):

10 Likes

Added my link! :point_up_2:

1 Like

Yay! That is so cool to hear! I love that it has held up well. I still remember searching for a cord - I studied Louise’s hat and decided a shoelace would be the best option. When I finally found one the right color and a long enough length it was like hitting the jackpot, lol!

2 Likes

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I haven’t had a chance to comment on any, but I’m really enjoying seeing such a fun variety of projects!

4 Likes

I also am a first timer in the Nerd Games! Here’s my Anniversary post, I loved making these things.

12 Likes

Welcome @mellybelly81! Yay for playing along! Great projects! I look forward to seeing more of your cool creations!

3 Likes