CLOSED - Nerd Games - Summer 2023

Welcome @AudiobookLover! I’m so glad you decided to jump into the fun! Your pillow is adorable! Purrfect!

1 Like

Been there :laughing:.

5 Likes

Anniversary Retrospective

It was hard to choose which are my favorites because I like most of the things I make for different reasons! Here are some that I remembered off the top of my head though. In no particular order:

Poppet

Whimsy Tree Shrine

Art Doll

Zombie Triptych (this was before I learned how to take better photos, lol)

Acrylic Panel Collage

Star Trek Beaded Curtain

Louise Hat

Necessary Clutch (I’m still using this wallet six years later :D)

Junk Journal

Venom Copic Marker Drawing

8 Likes

Prompt: Pop Art (July)
Team: Miss Marple
Project Name: Bubble Mailer Book
Project Link: Address Book from Bubble Mailer & Calendar Scraps
Brief Description: The pages in this book are pretty striking/bold. Plus, hot pink cover!
Project Photo(s): Sample interior photo:

10 Likes

@LovelyMiss - I still have, and use, that Louise hat every Halloween! It has really held up well and is amazing. I love it too!

2 Likes

Prompt: June battle- original
Team: Sherlock
Project Name: Lemon and cheese ATC
Project Link: Lemon & Cheese-a family ATC (and bonus recipe)
Brief Description: This is my original art work, backed by an original masterboard by @Reinikka.
Project Photo(s):

10 Likes

Added my link! :point_up_2:

1 Like

Yay! That is so cool to hear! I love that it has held up well. I still remember searching for a cord - I studied Louise’s hat and decided a shoelace would be the best option. When I finally found one the right color and a long enough length it was like hitting the jackpot, lol!

2 Likes

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I haven’t had a chance to comment on any, but I’m really enjoying seeing such a fun variety of projects!

4 Likes

I also am a first timer in the Nerd Games! Here’s my Anniversary post, I loved making these things.

12 Likes

Welcome @mellybelly81! Yay for playing along! Great projects! I look forward to seeing more of your cool creations!

3 Likes

Prompt: Battle - July - Reproduction
Team: Nancy Drew
Project Name: One HP Book Ornament
Project Link: Waiting to make more so I can post all at once. Had to post now to make the Challenge though!
Brief Description: This ornament contains 41 reproductions of HP books. Four each of the main 7 books, then 1 Cursed Child, and four each of Quidditch through the ages, Fantastic Beasts, and Beetle Bard.
Project Photo(s):

12 Likes

For a gal who struggles with minis, you rocked these tiny books!!

1 Like

Prompt: July - Realism
Team: Sherlock Holmes
Project Name: Fancy Cake ATC
Project Link:
Brief Description: I think that cake is definitely useful in everyday life. :cake:
Project Photo(s):
23acsagpkpfcfc-th

8 Likes

Welcome to the Games! It’s great seeing some new faces. Please don’t hesitate to jump right in and post prompts. And if you have any questions, ask away! :hearts:

4 Likes

Prompt: June -Surrealism
Team: Sherlock
Project Name: Miniature copper pot
Project Link: Miniature copper pot
Brief Description: I sanded the bottom of this pot, as it was originally quite rounded, but it’s still a bit wonky. Acceptably wonky.
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

That is adorable!

1 Like

Prompt: July Battle - Reproduction
Team: Colombo
Project Name: C’s July Goal Sheet
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: Every month, a group of us come up with goals (though I think we may be going from a trio to a pair…) and I make little goal sheets for us to check off and keep us motivated… I say these are “reproductions” because the art on them are pieces of clipart I look up and try to recreate!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Cubism
Project Name: L’s July Goal Sheet
Brief Description: Every month, a group of us come up with goals (though I think we may be going from a trio to a pair…) and I make little goal sheets for us to check off and keep us motivated… SO. MANY. LITTLE. BOXES.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range #1
Project Name: M’s July Goal Sheet
Brief Description: Every month, a group of us come up with goals (though I think we may be going from a trio to a pair…) and I make little goal sheets for us to check off and keep us motivated…
Project Photo(s):

8 Likes

Prompt: July Battle- Reproduction
Team: Team Columbo
Project Name: Crochet Coozie (Frisbee)
Project Link: (coming as soon as I have internet access on my computer)
Brief Description: This is a (poor) reproduction of the free Lion Brand pattern (L0577) for a crocheted frisbee (they call it a Coozie). While I changed the yarn, and messed up somewhere along the way so the design is a bit wonky, it’s still an attempt at reproducing the pattern.

Project Photo(s):

10 Likes

Anniversary post thingy
No particular order, etc., etc.

20200308_163043

20200604_171258

20200705_185403

20200822_171016

20210214_181900

20210215_203721

20210622_170048

20211220_151501