Neurographica, anyone?

Anyone here done Neurographica?
I m just trying it out, and i kind of like it a lot!
Been watching ( of course) videos on youtube , and i get confused. It is a lot of different ways to do it, lots of different “rules” to follow. But, gosh, does time fly by when i get down with this :slight_smile:

22 Likes

I haven’t heard of it before, but I like the picture that you’ve shared. Are you able to give a brief description?

3 Likes

Ooooh, a new art technique I’ve never heard of! Do tell more about it. Your example is very cool; well done! Love the color and the graphic look of it.

2 Likes

I’ve tried it a little bit but I agree - different artists seem to have different rules. But it is a calming activity.

1 Like

Gorgeous! The color and line work are absolutely beautiful and moving. What type of pen did you use?

1 Like

Wow! That’s gorgeous! I think I might have to look into this!

1 Like

Yes, I’ve been doing it too. I’ve signed up for an altered envelope swap, and decorated them with it. I love yours, the colours are fab and I live how the lines web over the circles. I must watch a few more videos to see other ways of doing it.

2 Likes

Really beautiful, great use of colours and really pretty lines :grinning: can’t wait to see more

1 Like

I can try to explain it, and i recommand you to try it,its so calming !
First, you can use any coloring tools you like, pencils, markers, watercolor, ink…
About the lines ( drawing )
You always start at the edge and continue to another edge. No lines stops on the sheet of paper, but goes off the edge
Some uses loopy lines ( not considered to be “proper” neurolines by the coaches. But easier to start with :wink:
Neurolines are not repetativ, they have no pattern. Like wwwwww is a pattern and is not a neuroline.

When lines cross,you "round " them off . Like X has four corners, you make arches in every corner ( the thingy you make doing this has a name, but cant remember it right now). Doing this, you can extend the lines going out of this rounded arches and smooth out your lines.
Round every sharp edge . For me the most calming part :slight_smile:
Colouring : its not supposed to be mosaic like. Make groups of minimum 2 in the same colour, and bring the same colour back another place ( can be clusters of 2- 5, or like a river going cross your sheet)
Try to not use to many different colors, but it depends on your drawing .

This is very easily explained, done fast, so i have not covered all about neurographica here. But the main thing is to round off sharp corners, that circleshape makes our brain see it as safe and calming.
I can try to find a good tutorial video if you like :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:
I used a old pen, for the drawing ( not waterproof, i found out during drawing) and i coloured with my Bruynzeel colour pencils.

Thank you :slight_smile: having very nice colouring pencils does all the difference ! So, thank you very much for my birthday gift !

Valentine neurographica

This is done with loopy lines, and an attempt of some doodeling .
My first piece on this size paper, and coloured with crappy pencils , but still i enjoyed doing it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This tutorial got me started

4 Likes

Please notice that this is not the proper neurographica lines, but this is easier to start out with :wink:

1 Like

Whoa, amazing! I will have to try that out, looks beautiful & fun.

1 Like

Both of your pieces are really neat! Thank you for sharing this, I hadn’t heard of it before and it looks interesting!

1 Like

I have watched a couple of videos of how to do it, but havent tried it yet. But it looks fun and relaxing.

1 Like

I have never heard of this but I love it already! Your picture is beautiful and fun :star_struck:

1 Like

This is so pretty!

1 Like

Thank you all, so many lovely comments ! I m just learning this, so im a novise, a beginner. But, i m so in love with this artform now !
Started this because i have my dog in my lap a lot these days . More than usual, so… almost as soon as i sit down he wants to be lifted up and be stroked and hugged until he snores… so this was a thing i thought i could try out with one hand :smiley:
Just finished one, and going to start a new one
Yes, it is addictiv ! ( please forgive me if that word isnt right)
I hope you try it out.

2 Likes