Nine striped Christmas in July elf hats

Our family does a Christmas Eve gathering every year, but with some illness in the family, we decided to do Christmas in July this year and have a family get together. We had the party this afternoon.

I actually bought the yarn for these hats some years ago and there has been three more kids added to the mix since, so I had to go and get a bit extra (lucky it was the house brand acrylic).

The first hat took me quite a while as I kept referring the pattern for the increases, but once I got the hang of the pattern, they went pretty quickly. Well, after the first one, the other eight took me a month.

The kids loved them and I actually just got a thankyou video message sent to me from one of my cousin’s boys saying how he was going to wear it to bed!

I used this free pattern. I have used a few of this designer’s patterns.

I don’t love starting rows in the round with 3 chains, so I actually used a half double and one chain at the start of each row. You can still see the seam, but not easily.

16 Likes

Look at all those cozy elves! They came out great and good on you for getting them all done on time!

2 Likes

These are awesome! Great job, and happy Christmas in July!

2 Likes

They look adorable in their elf hats! Great job!

2 Likes

This is amazing. I love those hats!

2 Likes

What a great idea…these are adorable!

1 Like

They look wonderful!

1 Like

MerrRRRrry Christmassss! These are adorable and I love that all the kiddos got coordinating looks. Great family memories!

1 Like

Love the boys and girls wearing their hats! You really got them done quickly and made the day special!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I am so glad I got them all finished.

I just edited the first post to add the pattern link.

1 Like