Stackable Christmas trees

It was our turn to host our extended family on Christmas Eve and I really didn’t want to buy and throw away the bits from 25 crackers, so I thought I’d make some ‘prizes’ for the kids, following my Nine Striped Christmas in July hats.

I found this cute little Christmas tree pattern and put each piece into a cracker - a snap with some leftover wrapping paper I wasn’t going to use - with the idea that the kids would have to go and find their bits from family members (they got the top with the star).

It was a bit chaotic (with 25 people, 9 kids, 6 of which are 10 and under), so I didn’t get photos of all of them, but these are two of them.

All together I made 6 (the ‘big’ kids didn’t get one this year), in favourite colours.

20 Likes

Super cute trees!

Such a fun idea for a family activity, and a sweet souvenir of it, too. I can envision those kids saving the tree as a holiday decoration, and sharing with their own kids the story of how they got it.

1 Like

I hope so! One of the kids still wears his elf hat all the time, 18 months later, according to my cousin. Even to bed sometimes.

2 Likes

What a great way to avoid some mess and a lot of waste! And to entertain the kids while making memories for everyone. Such cute little trees to boot!

1 Like

Adorable idea and execution!! Chaos is an essential part of holiday memory making. :smile:

1 Like

Hooray! This holiday masterpiece is a Featured Project! Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us. Keep creating and sharing in 2024! :tada:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

What fun! The whimsy in the ability to mix and match the layers really appeals to me. They look great!

1 Like

Ooh what a great idea!

1 Like

Cute, functional, and decorative. What a fun project and great gift!

1 Like