No-Sew Re-Upholstered Ottoman Storage Footstool

For my first official make of 2021, I used leftover upholstery fabric from my Chaise to Chair transformation project that my dh and I completed last year. I had planned on re-upholstering my my cat’s scratching post our storage footstool, but once school started, I never had the time!

There’s no time like the present, so that’s what I did!

I loosely followed this remodelaholic blog post as my guide.

Here’s a picture of the top which was in bad shape (thanks time, and Zazzles!) compared to when I had completed the new top. The bottom wasn’t too terrible.

We also had leftover foam from the couch project, so we switched out the foam, too.

Here I am working on the bottom part.

Once I had both the top and bottom stapled, my husband reapplied the hardware, and ta-da, we have a new storage ottoman!

20 Likes

You did a great job on this! What a productive way to start the new year!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Looks great! I love “freshening” things up for the new year. What a delight to look at! Now… tell the truth, do you keep finding excuses to pet it and fawn over it? :wink:

3 Likes

Great job!
I

Actually, no. It is being used with the other couch at the moment, but it is the same fabric as my couch, so I’m not missing out too much.

Thanks, all!

It’s very pretty!!! Yay for left over blue fabric!!

1 Like

Wow! Nice job!

1 Like

That fabric looks like I’d just sit and lean over the ottoman, absentmindedly stroking it while watching television.

Gorgeous job! And I love that’s it’s no-sew.

1 Like

It looks great and I bet that new brighter color really pops in the room!

Thanks, yes, it does! Before it was brown on brown.