Ode to spring! Altered tin with bunny and MUSHROOM!

Made for the recent Ostara swap, a little spring scene inside a tin.

The outside is wool felt with beads and embroidery.

There are hangers on the back so it can be displayed closed with this outside floral scene showing…

…or open showing the inside!

There’s so much going on in here, fabric, embroidery, felt, beads, the wee bunny and glass toadstool bead, fluffy grass, the flowers are bent wire painted with nail polish and the side of the tin is a bit of masterboard from a swap.

I really like how this turned out, it was so fun thinking about and adding the elements. My favourite bit might be the teeny bee wings.

17 Likes

This is absolutely adorable and I love the way you used the nail polish flowers.

3 Likes

Oh, there is the pop of happiness I needed to see this morning!

3 Likes

That’s so sweet!

3 Likes

This is Spring In A Tin! I love all the details!

3 Likes

I love all the different flowers! and the embroidery thread “grass”…very cute and definitely spring

3 Likes

I love this so much!

1 Like

This is such a happy burst of spring! I love how cleverly you did the hanger so it can be displayed open or closed.

3 Likes

This is absolutely adorable.

1 Like

Thanks friends :blush:.

The grass is actually that hairy looking yarn for making dish scrubbies, it makes such good grass!

1 Like

This is such a delight. I am amazed at how you crammed so many details into such a tiny space. Love it!

1 Like

Oh, gosh, it is! What a neat way to use that stuff.

1 Like

Such wee adorableness in

1 Like

Super cute!

1 Like

Sweetest. Tin. Ever. :heart:

1 Like

I am incredibly happy that you like it :green_heart:

1 Like

Oh, I love it. I’ve had to keep it from everyone who’s seen it. They immediately want it for themselves. It’s gotten huge love over here. :rabbit::mushroom:

Bonus that I now feel like I’m on theme for your #Mushroom March! Keep that sunshine coming, I think you’re summoning some beautiful weather! :sunny:

1 Like

So wonderful! I adore the bees and flowers!

1 Like

That’s as cute as it gets! My favorite bits are the fabric grass. Great job!

1 Like

So freaking cute! I love the combination of all the different mediums, and the whole scene, really well put together

1 Like