One Block Wonder (kaleidoscope) Quilt

@Edel made a quilt back in January 2021 and it intrigued me, I planned back then to try one myself but house building, grand children and a myriad of others things took priority, finally, I have one made. One thing I learned, I don’t like sewing triangles!

A couple close ups and to show the quilting …

I cheated by not binding it, instead serged the edges since it’s for our personal use.

Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of the original fabric, when I went back to the store it was sold out, so just have a small piece to show. My original plan had been to use an ‘ugly’ fabric but couldn’t find one in colours I liked and I didn’t want to put in all the work for something I wouldn’t use.

27 Likes

That’s amazing!

1 Like

That’s very pretty! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, that is stunning!

1 Like

Gorgeous! This labor of love was definitely worth it!

1 Like

Cindy!! You did a fabulous job, I love it. And share your distaste for triangles!

2 Likes

Kaleidoscopically gorgeous!

1 Like

It looks SO GOOD!!

1 Like

So pretty, delicious colors!

1 Like

This is my first and probably last foray into triangles

3 Likes

Thank you for the compliments.

This is incredibly beautiful! Im glad you made such a wonderful item for yourself. We dont treat ourselves often enough.

2 Likes

Hard to believe how many variations you got from one fabric! It is gorgeous!

I hate triangles as well, but, I do have this on my bucket list…

2 Likes

This is a beautiful quilt!

1 Like

It’s absolutely stunning! This pattern works really well with a floral fabric. @Edel’s transformation of that ugly fabric was remarkable, but if you have to buy fabric new anyway, then I wouldn’t want to buy ugly fabric either. You still absolutely transformed this fabric.

Also, really clever to just serge the edges. I had never thought of that as an option before, but it’s probably quite fast and also very sturdy.

1 Like

I had actually completely forgotten about the quilt I made, thanks for the flashback

1 Like

By the time I got to the binding, I was so tired of working on this I decided to give it a try, knowing I could add binding later if necessary. I’ve wash this several times and it’s held up well.

2 Likes

I encourage you to make one, just one :smiley: The transformation is truly amazing.

My neighbour wanted to try one, even though she’s not a quilter, so I’ve been helping her with it. She’s using old curtains and it’s looking nothing like the original fabric.

2 Likes

Lovely work!!!

1 Like

Incroyable, Cindy! Truly marvrlous.

1 Like