One Tiny Thing Spring 2020 Gallery

EEEEEEE CRAFTY OCTOPUS HOOP I LOVE IT!

(No, Lettucecraft posting fairy, that is NOT a complete sentence, but it should have been enough for me to respond like that! So I’m typing this extra stuff so I can POST IT.)

4 Likes

That octopus hoop is adorable! I love the expression on his tiny face and the crocheted border that looks like little waves :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m so glad you like it! It was fun finding all the bits and bobs to go on it. This was a great swap! :heart:

2 Likes

Oh, I just love this! I hope @SonjaBoo makes a post for it!

3 Likes

So much tiny goodness!

2 Likes

@moonflame Your mug rug is adorable…and yes, your binding is so pretty and nicely done!

@SonjaBoo What an adorable hoop! Love the crochet around the outside and the cute little scissors!

2 Likes

@MightyMitochondria, whoa, whoa, whoa! Your tiny stitched miracles are incredible! The colors, textured stitches, and materials make each piece exactly right.

Cutest mug rug ever, @Moonflame! The stitching is so tint and perfect!

Haha, the crafty octopus is darling, @SonjaBoo! You make such wonderful things, and this little guy is splendid. So fun!

3 Likes

I received an amazing OTT from @BreadMenace! This creation is a mini masterpiece of craftswomanship and art. Behold!

It is an ATC sized Gnome Home! Eeeee! And I’m a lucky one to also receive a LC notecard.

What’s this? The gnome home opens? Look at this accordion fold, people… :star_struck:

Tucked inside each pocket is a sweet gnome ATC. I absolutely love these!

There’s so much depth to each tiny piece of art; paints, ink, stamps, metallic pens…well, I don’t really what went into making this treasure, but it is a joy to own.

Thank you so very much @BreadMenace!! My teensy gnome home and all of its inhabitants are most loved. :heart:

9 Likes

I thought the little house was superb! But, to have all of those little gnomes inside…wow! Each one is a tiny thing! They are so cute…

2 Likes

Whoa!! That is so cool!

2 Likes

Oh yay I’m so glad you like it! I really love making those accordion-style ATC holders. This was my first time working from a masterboard to make ATCs, though, and I wasn’t sure how they would turn out. I really liked the process, though, and I’ll definitely be making more!

3 Likes

My swap item from @lifeinpigtails arrived today! I love it!!!

And if the sides and top weren’t already cute enough… I nearly started crying when I saw the back. Not only is it beautiful, it made me homesick for Arizona.

Before I even opened the package, there were a few awesome drawings included on the envelope that made me smile.

April 28 was my birthday, and she included this cute cake for me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you so much, lifeinpigtails! It was a pleasure swapping with you! :heart:

8 Likes

This gallery is filled with so much tiny goodness!

@storerboughtcreation - the tiny stitches on that ornament are very impressive! The design you went with goes really well for the size and shape of the biscornu.
@roler - your sheep filled brooch makes it look like you’ve been doing wool folk art designs for a long time! It’s really well done and has a sweet folksy feel to it.
@marionberries - your projects are the perfect way to use both scraps and the various stitches on a sewing machine, how fun! Those triangle pouches are really neat!
@pottermouth - that hoopla is incredible! I love how detailed and fun it is!
@MightyMitochondria - so many tiny stitches!
My favorite is the oval, I really like the curved stitches!
@SonjaBoo - that crafty octopus is really fun and such a creative idea!
@BreadMenace - the gnome house arc holder is really neat, but for it to be housing all those fun gnome atcs as well!? Very nice!
@lifeinpigtails - that little cube box is really neat and so full of texture! I really like the sky in the Arizona scene!

5 Likes

Yay, it finally arrived! I had a lot of fun crafting it. I’m glad that you like it, what a fun swap!

3 Likes

Oh my gosh. I am obsessed with this ATC gnome home! Such a clever idea!

2 Likes

I love the textures and the colors on this box! So pretty!

2 Likes

@lifeinpigtails, Beast Jr just saw the box you made for me, and she keeps saying, “that’s a lot of talent! She’s so talented!” I wanted to share those sweet compliments with you from my 8 year old awesome niece. :heart:

3 Likes

Aww, that’s awesome, thank her! I ALWAYS like to hear what kids have to say… maybe that’s why I’m hoping summer camp won’t get cancelled this year so I can spend some arty time with gobs of them!

3 Likes

The box itself was so full of texture and pretty colors…looks like you got an extra with that wonderful desert scene on back!

2 Likes

Thank you all for your kind comments on my quilt binding. I watched a few YouTubes that helped me a lot! :slight_smile:

You guys would not believe the adorable way @Audiobooklover packaged the amazing AMAZING swap she made for me! Inside the shipping box was a beautiful card, and a perfect, tiny Amazon box:

Kiki was very curious about what could be inside, and even though Blaise was having kind of a bad day, he couldn’t feign indifference.

When they opened the tiny box, they found the best surprise EVER! (Especially on this otherwise gloomy day!) A COMPLETE BOXED SET OF HARRY POTTER BOOKS IN JUST THEIR SIZE!!!

Best Quarantine Day EVER!! :smiley:

Thank you SO MUCH! We’re all over the moon here! :smiley:

PS, the Amazon box is staying as a permanent prop, too! I can’t get over its cuteness!

8 Likes