Ongoing ATC gallery & discussion for 2021

I’d be in for June :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would be down! On the old site, I remember often opting out of joining or claiming near the end of the month because it was such a bell curve of claims, plus keeping track of where to post and who to tell with overlapping swaps from 2 months was a challenge. But if it can be truly ongoing in one swap but with a refresh of some kind each month, that would be sweet. Even if it was like the old way, I’d probably keep joining too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’ll be a new claims thread & swap sign-up for each month, but the combined gallery thread should decrease the “wait, what month was that from??” confusion.

So, this looks like it’s worth opening a new claims thread for June, then.

(Join us, @madebyBeaG ! It’s probably the easiest possible swap to do internationally!)

5 Likes

I’d be in! :raising_hand_woman: :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, I’d be interested too :slight_smile: I find that some months I’ve been bit by the creative bug and go crazy with claims but then other months I slow down… This month has been off for me because my free time has been nearly nonexistent :stuck_out_tongue: But I’d love to have the opportunity to play :heart: And let me know if you ever need/want a break organizing! (and I’m sure there are others that could organize as well if needed :wink:)

4 Likes

Swaps were what brought me here, and I’m doing my best to earn all necessary street cred in my first month so I can hit the ground running once able. :wink: I’ll be a late-joiner, so at least one claim will happen in the last half of June.

5 Likes

Thanks for asking! I wish.
I just decided to participate in the Happy Mail give away, for which I will finally have to start crafting again, and I’m busy with my creative writing and my Blog.
(Because of poor health I’ve only got a couple of active hours in a day.)
But who knows, perhaps in the future?

2 Likes

School will be out and I will have more time to craft, so yes, yes, yes! @gozer, you’re the best!

3 Likes

I received a card from @Lynx! She combined my bird theme and black and white drawing to come up with this penguins as American Gothic card! It’s wonderful! :blush: Thank you! :slight_smile: :penguin:

6 Likes

I received two beautiful cards from Gozer for my girls with flowing hair theme. They are gorgeous little artworks. Thank you so much!

11 Likes

The gothic penguins are hysterical!

And I love @gozer’s art style! Everything she does is so pretty!

2 Likes

They’re lovely! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Received from @bluebird yesterday. She chose my England theme and made me a Union Jack flag. It’s so neat!

6 Likes

Is that a colorblindness-friendly Union Jack? Cool!

1 Like

I don’t know…? I don’t think so. :thinking: I just made a traditional one based of images I found online. It’s red, white and blue like normal, the lighting in the photo may have altered the colors some.

Here’s a pic of the card I took before sending so you can see the colors.
521ukffpn

3 Likes

Yeah, sorry, I take notoriously crappy pictures :worried: The colors look fine to me.

That’s fascinating! My computer is showing the first image as very clearly orange & purple. (Maybe it’s like that dress meme, tho…)

Anyway, The June swap is up: Ongoing ATC swap June 2021 so feel free to make a last claim for May, or go ahead & send in your sign-ups for June!

3 Likes

It’s probably just the indoor lights causing the color cast. They tend to make pics a little more yellowish. :slight_smile: I use a window and sunlight to take pics if possible as it tends to make the colors more accurate.

1 Like

OK, I finished my 3 outstanding claims, and am ready for the next round! Whee!

4 Likes

…so is anyone going to start off June with a claim? :thinking:

(is my list too boring, or are we still catching up after the long weekend?)

2 Likes