Ongoing ATC gallery & discussion for 2021

You’re welcome! I’m so glad you liked it! :blush:

Thank you! It was very much based off of one of the pins on the zero waste board. There are more images/ideas on the pin but I just picked my 9 favorite ones and put them together for the card. :slight_smile:

It was a good mail day here today— I got a lovely haunted house from @Whistlefish with a bunch of fun extras image

And a prehistoric rock-art bird from @bluebird with some stickers that my child has already carried off image

9 Likes

What a beautiful haunted house card! :bat: :blush:

1 Like

I received a really fun economy block inspired quilting atc from @whistlefish with a bird (yay!) as my center block. She also sent a pretty butterfly extra. Thank you! I’m happy to have my first cards from you in my collection!

7 Likes

That was a @PrincessP inspired quilting card. :rofl: :blush:

Glad you liked it!

2 Likes

:joy: love it!!

What a cool quilting card! I love that you actually sewed it! :blush:

2 Likes

I received this awesome atc from @curiousfae yesterday! Your lettering is to die for! Great card! I love how it turned out. Thank you so much!

9 Likes

So happy you like it! I’m obsessed with this technique. Me thinks you’ll be seeing it a lot from me. :woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

I received from @curiousfae, who chose my “make a card in one your themes” option. She went for anthropomorphic animals:

So. cool. Thanks, Kelli!

7 Likes

I added these themes to my list:

• Watercolor practice or painting
  • Random fact/trivia
  • Postage stamps (real or made-up)

And I’ll try to add some more tomorrow :slight_smile: Sorry if I’m stalling the swap! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I feel like I’ve claimed you so much you’re gonna be sick of my mail but uh…I just claimed you again. :slight_smile: I think we all took a weekend ATC break. Lol!

2 Likes

Oooh, funny you put that because I just practiced watercolor last night – but not atc size. I did find a great fun foreign word for @whistlefish’s card, but the weather is nasty so I think I’ll put it in the mail later this week.

I have both my claims just about ready to mail… but I don’t know if I want to walk through the snow/slush to get to the mailbox just yet :stuck_out_tongue:

@Whistlefish You can’t claim me too much :slightly_smiling_face: I think I have ATCs from almost everyone swapping this round and I’m still happy to get more! :smile:

1 Like

Speaking of watercolor I found this at a local chain store yesterday (Meijer). It’s so neat!

10 Likes

That is so dang neat! I have a Meijer near me and I’m half tempted to pick that up! Lol. You’ll have to let us know how it paints. Also, what’s the white-ish rectangle under the label? Is it for mixing? Blotting? Does it have a purpose?

It’s a removable sponge. I think it’s for blotting and cleaning.
Surprisingly the paint squares are pretty thick. And they go on fairly opaque. Not sure of the quality (I’m not a good judge there) but I do like them.
It was @$12 not too bad. Let me know what you think!

1 Like

I received my first card! It’s from @Lynx for ‘stained glass’! But she not only did stained glass, she combined it with birds and blue lantern as well. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: She said you can see the reference if you search “tiffany style stained glass table lamp blue jay”. You did an excellent job capturing it! it’s great, thank you! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m so glad you like it! That was a fun mashup to discover! Here it is with the reference lamp–I totally want it!

6 Likes

I do! :blush: And I was so excited to open the card to see the themes you put together for the card! Fun, fun! :smiley: Did you see the cardinal lamp just like it? So cute! :blush:

1 Like