Ongoing ATC gallery & discussion for 2021

I did!! Beautiful!

After countless days of no mail I received a bounty today :grin: and in that bounty was this beautiful ATC!!! :star_struck:

“Adventure in life is good; consistency in coffee even better.”

I added “watercolor practice” to my theme list because of the beautiful watercolors @Whistlefish shared in the Snapshot Thread and then I ended up getting this beauty :heart_eyes:

I love love love it! Thank you @Whistlefish :kissing_heart:

13 Likes

I’m glad you love it!! I had made this even before those watercolor flowers. It was this, and another ATC, that inspired me to do more water coloring. And there shall be more to come! Muahahaha…

2 Likes

You have my address :wink:

1 Like

[You have my address.]

@Whistlefish Mine too!! That is gorgeous!

@Lynx @Reinikka You guys are so funny! The best part is you both already have an ATC on its way to you!! It should be there any day now. :grin: Although I hope they live up to the anticipation…:grimacing::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Mine arrived! It is so pretty! Man, you are terrific at watercolor!

I really miss @LindaP! This reminds me of her style! I loved your card, too!

Speaking of @Reinikka, check out this funny movable Impractical Jokers wildlife mashup!

20210217_095423_resize_93

Thank you ladies!

9 Likes

Looks like the inside text bubble rubbed off on poor Larry :stuck_out_tongue: (sorry!)

That’s a halo :innocent:

3 Likes

That Impractical Jokes card is silly and I love it! I can hear their voices in my head as I see it. Love the idea of adding a window to an ATC. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Joe would be so surprised that that cute little bird could find Larry!

1 Like

Beautiful coffee watercolor ATC! And so true about coffee! :coffee: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And also a gorgeous wintery themed watercolor! So pretty!

Oh wow, love the little pop out door on that card! :blush:

1 Like

what a great set! those speckles for the snow are so good!

I recd from @Whistlefish
Look at these watercolor skills! So much detail!
She said this was her first go at swapping ATCs…uh NAILED IT!

Look at the hand lettering too! All the symbolism. Great detail.

Wildflower quote from Alice in Wonderland.

Thank you. These are a great addition to my collection.

I look forward to seeing more from you.

12 Likes

I’m super impressed.

Beautiful!! :blush:

1 Like

Somehow I stopped getting notifications from this thread! So much to catch up on, and so much beautiful work. <3

I received my first from @bluebird – a whimsical Moomin! Thank you, he is adorable!

Also, I had a question on how to mark our claims in the swap thread – I have now sent 4 cards, and just claimed a new one. Do I write that as 5 claims, 4 sent, or 1 claim, 4 sent? (As in, do the claims get moved to “sent” once they are out of my hands, or once they are received?) It has been so long since I did an ongoing swap I can’t remember. :grimacing:

8 Likes

I’m so glad you enjoyed him!

People do their tracking differently, but this is how I do it.

I think of any new claims as in progress claims. This is how I mark mine:
6 total claims —— 2 in progress claims, 1 in transit, 3 received
It’s easy to double check, just add them up and they should match the total number of claims.

So for you I would mark it:
5 total claims —— 1 in progress claims, 4 in transit, 0 received
and once any have been received I move them from ‘transit’ to ‘received’. So say 2 people have received from you then:
5 total claims —— 1 in progress claims, 2 in transit, 2 received

1 Like

A) You can always check the first post of the claim thread for the official write-up!
b) I do it as number claimed/number sent/number received. (If you claim a lot, the first number may go over 10, but as long as the first minus the second isn’t over ten, you’re fine.) Whether you want to track claimed but not sent as a separate number is up to you.

1 Like

Also apologies for the interruption of service yesterday—I was off screens with a headache, so of course I came back to almost a dozen messages!

And also there was this lovely card from curiousfae!

11 Likes