Ongoing ATC swap gallery & discussion 2020

I received some amazing cards!

I received this cute little Degu called Buttercup from @roler! Buttercup is SO adorable and so beautifully drawn, thank you! :blush:
2010clmmnhdfr

the next two cards are both from @curiousfae. the first is a pretty watercolor and ink for my Frog and Toad theme from a story where poor Frog and Toad were struggling with not eating all the cookies. :upside_down_face:

And this one is for my floating islands theme! So beautiful! Thank you!

Next, @Reinikka sent me a shimmery sparkly rain themed art card! The background is really shimmery gold and copper, but hard to capture in a photo. Lovely, thank you! :slight_smile:

And @thanate sent a cool ‘toad on a stool’ embroidered card! Love the extra layering details of the stamped shrooms on the background. :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you!

Thanks again to you all! :blush:

6 Likes

Awww, so glad you like Buttercup! She was one of three degus I had as pets in Japan. Here’s the photo I based the drawing off of:

I figured degus were close enough to “mice,” even though they’re actually more closely related to chinchillas. I adore rodents!

4 Likes

Awww… she’s so CUTE!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I received two wonderful cards this weekend!!

This one’s from @bluebird, based off of my @katsuyukimoray Instagram: It’s a drawing of my little garden eel plushie, Kicchu, on vacation in Cambodia with his friend Mokeke, who was very huggy! XD

It’s sooooo cute, Bluebird! Thank you so much!! I definitely squealed when I opened this!

And the other one, from my animals theme, was from @thanate: this incredible embroidered antelope!!

The color gradation against the background is beautiful, and all the details and patterns are stunning!

Thank you both so much! I love the variety I’m getting in my little collection! XD

4 Likes

You’re welcome! I was overcome with the cuteness when I saw them on your instagram! I knew that was what I wanted to do for you. :blush:

1 Like

Aww I looked up degus and how they like to be in a little pack.

Sidenote: I’d like to meet someone that has a capybara as a pet so I can feel it’s muzzle and feed it some greens.

1 Like

Yeah, degus are really social critters which is why I had three! They were sisters, named Buttercup, Blossom, and Bubbles. XD I really miss them!

And ooooh capybaras are a favorite of mine as well; I should add them to my lists of favorite animals! XD

1 Like

@roler your ATC game is on fire!

1 Like

Yay, Powerpuff Girls! My favorite character should have been Buttercup because she fit my outward personality but secretly I loved Bubbles. Years ago.

1 Like

From @roler for Camelot. I love this style. It looks like a movie poster.

And from @thanate
Awesome embroidery including two Vote flags!

Thank you !

5 Likes

I had a very happy mail day today! I received both from @thanate and from @bluebird!

@thanate sent me this really pretty fall embroidery and @bluebird sent me Mabel from Animal Crossing! So fun!

Thanks ladies!

5 Likes

Forgot to comment on these other cards, but they are all great! I love the “font” that @curiousfae used for her two cards, and the floating islands are so dreamy! @Reinikka’s rain collage is just gorgeous; I love all the different layers and details!! And all of @thanate’s embroidered works of art are so beautifully done! Love the fall girl one in particular! Eeep, Mabel from AC too! So many fun things here!

Also, @curiousfae, so glad you like the Camelot card! My original idea was to illustrate some lines from my favorite ridiculous song from the musical, “C’est moi,” but I ended up going for this more simplified design instead.

I received two fun ATCs from @curiousfae today!!

First, here’s a quote by one of my favorite authors, Dorothy Sayers:

I love that I got some of her pretty handwritten “font” as well! Great lettering, and a great quote!

And next, a medieval monster!

So bizarre and fun! Thanks for looking up stuff for one of my more obscure interests! The curly hair looks particularly on point for medieval style art! XD

Thanks so much for both cards, @curiousfae!

4 Likes

I received a beautiful Cloud Atlas quote from @curiousfae

“The room bubbles with sentences more spoken than listened to”

Thank you! I love your lettering and the background is lovely :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

@curiousfae TEACH ME THE WAYS OF HAND LETTERING!

3 Likes

Finally had the chance to finish my 2 latest claims for @bluebird. Going out in tomorrow’s mail!

2 Likes

From @Reinikka artists choice
The sentiment is perfect!
Thank you!

6 Likes

Aw! Dang. That’s so nice! I love doing it but my favorite part is searching for the best quote.

2 Likes

I’m a bit behind on commenting sorry, but everyone’s cards are so fab!!

I received a super cool card from @megwell for an inspirobot quote. It’s a scrappy style with wonderful textures, on a masterboard background by @Reinikka. I love it, thank you so much!!

hunt cash. make buns. words to live by.

5 Likes

I’m glad you like it (and relieved it got there)! The runner-up quote was “Soulless? Deal with it.” :laughing:

4 Likes