Ongoing ATC swap gallery & discussion 2020

Love looking through this gallery!! You are all so inspiring :heart:

1 Like

Hi all-- I just told @jemimah this, but since we’ve had a bunch of late sign-ups I’m not going to close claiming until the morning of the 1st (EST), so feel free to get a bunch of last-minute claims in!

Assuming we make it in the next swaps poll, we’ll be back in October. :grin:

2 Likes

Yay! I’ve just squeaked in with a couple of claims :smile_cat:

4 Likes

I received two more cards! :blush:

The first is from @irid3sc3nt. She made me a pretty sparkly red pebble themed card that also used the papercut style theme I had as a themed. :slight_smile: It’s the magic red pebble from the story “Sylvester and the Magic Pebble”! I hadn’t heard of this story before so I looked it up and it looks like a really sweet children’s story. :blush: It’s great, thank you so much! :blush:

2008asrpsantmat

The second is from @pioneer9. She made me a beautiful corvid themed card. :blush: I love the the texture on the feathers and beak! It’s great, thank you so much! :blush:

2008alcbofacorwidn

6 Likes

These are both great cards! love the dimension in the pebble one and the expression in the crow’s face!

I got a jellyfish from @irid3sc3nt :grin: “Pelagia noctiluca”

And a quote framed in masterboards from @megwell :grin: She said the masterboard was made by @Smmarrt :star: “This Hour”

Quote from Walt Whitman reads “Happiness, knowledge, not in another place but this place, not for another hour but this hour”

Thank you both! I really love them and I’m sorry it took me a while to post them…

7 Likes

nice additions to the gallery. the last one reminds me that i need to read more walt whitman. what a beautiful quote.

Wonderful cards! That jellyfish glows!

It’s the magic of Sakura gel Moonlight pens.

2 Likes

I received this lovely hand drawn card from @bluebird today for my camera theme:

3 Likes

Yay, so glad you liked it! :blush:

Here’s another photo I took of it before sending:
2009icfthelks

4 Likes

Great cheery card! Nice work with the shading :camera_flash:

1 Like

I’ve actually been thinking about the same thing. I hated Whitman in college, for reasons I don’t really remember, but he keeps coming across my radar and I may be ready to reconsider.

Thanks! :blush:

Here are the ATCs I received in the mail yesterday.

These two are from bluebird. She picked TBD on both.

“Jack o’ lanterns stack”

“Halloween Hello Kitty”

This one is from pioneer9 for my black or orange cat theme.

“Onyx”

Notice how both cats have dotted backgrounds, what a coincidence!
I like the coloring on the jack-o-lanterns-- great shading. Imo, Hello Kitty is hard to get her face shape right, but bluebird did it! And Onyx, I must know what white pen was used for the outlining. I like the forlorn expression. Or maybe it’s disdain. Hmmm.

Thank you both!
Oh and bonus! Check out the stamps they used!

5 Likes

Cute kitty! :slight_smile:

lol, looks like we had the same kitty art with dotted background brainwave! :smile: Strangely enough I thought about adding white outlines to the black dots too, but decided against it! Glad you enjoyed your cards! :slight_smile:

A Sakura GellyRoll pen :slight_smile:

1 Like

What did you use to color the JOLs?

Black is sakura microns and the colors are faber castell pitt pens. prismacolor pencils for the background. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm… faber castell pitt pens… I hadn’t heard of them before. I’m surprised I haven’t received something in my ArtSnacks box about them.