Ongoing ATC Swap Gallery/discussion for 2023

I got this adorable hedgehog from @bluebird

And this gorgeous ATC from @endymion. It’s based on the Japanese fairy tale The Black Bowl. I’d never heard of it.

And a steampunk ATC from @juju - so many elements to look at. I see something new every time I look!

And an Alice in Wonderland ATC also from @juju! Love the gold stenciling.

Thanks everyone !

11 Likes

What an adorable little hedgie, @bluebird!
@Juju, I love that Alice in Wonderland card. The gold clock face, the cat and rabbits, and the pale, dream-like, book-based Alice emerging from the flowers… There’s something very compelling about it.

2 Likes

Fantastic ATCs in February!

Wonderful cards! That teddy bear! So cute!!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Because I am a square, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw it… closely followed by “but its so cool!”

I received a wonderful Edward Gorey inspired card from @fluffypants! She says he is quite proud and she thinks his name is Herschel! :smile: I love it, thank you! :bird: :crown: :fountain_pen:

10 Likes

Just sent in my form for March! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I received 4 ATC’S today! First one is from @Kwality570 , she sent my Valentine’s theme and created one of her adorable monsters! The frame is slightly layered and it’s just so lovely! I just really love it! Thank you!

The next I received is from @GeekyBookworm and she sent my theme of bumblebees! It is so cute! She fussy cut those little bitty bees from some washi tape she had! I love to fussy cut and she just really blew my mind with those. They are tiny! I really like the card it came in! I might have to use that as a background for something! Thank you!

Last but definitely not least I’ve received these two cards from @fluffypants, She chose to do 2 of my themes. Card #1; Pink and another color and “J”. She did pink and silver and just my initial. The background she did a paper weave. It’s just really pretty!

Card #2: She also created this one with 2 things on my list: ATC Coin and Alice in Wonderland! It’s interactive! So lots of pics so you can see!

So much detail! I absolutely love them! Thank you!!

9 Likes

Wow! So many amazing cards!
:heart_eyes:

@Kwality570 mada an adorable Valentine-themed card for you, @Juju! I recall feeling so elated when I got my own Kwality monster.

@GeekyBookworm, your happy bee is so adorable! You must have some tiny detail scissors to cut those tiny washi bees. Man, I am impressed!

I love Herschel, @fluffypants … so much personality! And you did an amazing job making it look like a Gorey without directly copying his work.

The “J” card is so pretty with so many textures. I love the woven background!

And the Alice in Wonderland coin just blows me away! I love kinetic/interactive things, and this one is so fun and charming. I’d be turning that wheel all day. Plus it’s one of my favorite quotes from the books. Super cool!

2 Likes

I love the starkness of the black and white against the background!

I received an awesome mixed media/upcycle theme from Juju but it got mixed into some other mail and took a few days to be discovered. It’s beautiful and all the little bits are so much fun to explore.

She included a note that told about the pieces that made up the card and I had to look hard to see the eyelash lace.

Thank you so much @Juju!

7 Likes

Quick administrative note: when you’re reporting sent/received cards, I don’t need to know what day it was sent or received, just the official send-out date for ease of finding it in the list. Thanks!

I love the variety of cards everyone has been sending recently-- keep up the good work! :green_heart:

4 Likes

I had trouble finding the eyelash lace, too, but just spotted it. Sweet little fairy!

1 Like

I love seeing the variety of techniques and supplies people use!

I received three cards again today, apparently my mail likes to stick together, hehe.

First up, this Nintendo themed cutie from @coryjo, a QBert card! I love QBert, and still regret selling my tiny tabletop arcade version for a dollar yeeeeears ago in a yard sale. Sigh!

The background paper even reminds me of the couch I used to sit on playing those games. :joy:

Next up, two stunners from @endymion - a mashup of Nintendo and an Inspirobot quote (love the clever use of blister packaging for a space helmet window!) and for my Pee Wee’s Playhouse theme, the picture phone! The detail on this is astounding. And that embroidery floss hair!

Thank you both! I believe I’ve now received all of my February happy mail! :heart: On to March. :relaxed:

10 Likes

I received an amazing board game ATC from @fluffypants

I love it so much!

13 Likes

That board game card is amazing! I love how it extends to astounding heights!

I also received from @fluffypants today. Two exceedingly cool cards, both hand-drawn using Prismacolor and micron pen.
First, this great quote for my “favorite song lyrics” theme. It’s a quote from “Salt Lake City” by Motherfolk.

And then for my “Cool people I’ve probably never heard of” theme, this stunner:

Isn’t he amazing?!?!
It’s graphic designer Aaron Draplin, whose work I had never seen before. I enjoyed googling him (as well as the musical group Motherfolk from the first card) to learn more about their work.

Thanks so much, @fluffypants! I’m totally blown away!

Edited to add: There was also a very pretty card.

12 Likes

Wonderful cards! :slight_smile:

So glad they arrived! The notecard was made years ago when I had the end of a bunch of celery and thought it would make pretty rose prints. I printed a ton, put them in a drawer, and then forgot about them completely! :joy:

4 Likes

You did that with celery? Amazing! And just have to say again, how incredible the portrait card is. So detailed! It’s truly outstanding.

2 Likes

Yes! I must have been making soup, since I rarely go through a whole bunch of celery otherwise. I remember looking at the stump once I cut the stalks off, and thinking it looked quite pretty. Weird how our crafty brains work. :joy:

3 Likes