Ongoing ATC Swap Gallery/discussion for 2023

I keep mine in zipper pouches-- one has the glittery gel pens, one has the non-glitter Sakuras, one with the super wide line ones (and then other bags for watercolor pencils & a couple other things…)-- and then I recently ran out of desk drawer room for the pouches, so they now live in a basket on my desk, which means they’re visible enough to remind me they exist & easy to grab.

3 Likes

I bought one of those silverware organizer baskets. I cleaned out cans and put them in the organizer and then put my pencils, markers, etc. in them. The basket has handles so I can tote it around to whatever space I am working in, like desk, couch, bed, etc.

6 Likes

Over there weekend i received this Wonderful ATC from @thanate ! She picked " stamp" theme and it is fantastic. The Pony Express is created with a stamp and it feels as though it has thread in it? It’s really cool! Then she sent two extra, ATC coins. These are from my elements theme. Fire and Air. Thank you so much!

6 Likes

The pony express ATC is fantastic! Pairing with the two vintage looking stamps is great!

2 Likes

Thanks-- the stamp on top of the embroidery is a real one (I know I have some actual pony express stamps somewhere, but couldn’t find one…) & the one I sewed over is a sticker.

2 Likes

Wow! What a wonderful stamp…so many of them are works of art on their own, but to be incorporated into more art…fabulous!

2 Likes

The Pony Express symbol is sewn? Mind blown! Love it! And the two coins are beautiful.

3 Likes

The wind coin looks like a beautiful gas planet. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Got this map from @AIMR of the stressful chaos of wandering circles around the grocery store trying to find food (or remember what the heck you eat anyway, at least in my case…)

10 Likes

The wee footprints are the best!

2 Likes

lol I am in the same boat. With so many choices in our lives, it seems odd that trying to figure out what to eat has become a first world problem for many…it is a constant topic with my husband and stresses me out as well.

2 Likes

It’s very weird, biologically! “What can I eat?” is supposed to be about what’s in front of you that is edible, not abstract choices about things in boxes or written down someplace. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

I like seeing all the different kinds of maps that have been made over time. @thanate you must have quite a collection now!

2 Likes

Back in the 80’s, we had visitors from what was then Soviet Georgia. It was an eyeopening experience. When we took them to the huge International Food Market in Atlanta, I asked the woman to pick up some bread while we all spread out to get other stuff. We found her standing in the bread area, frozen, because she was overwhelmed by the choices. In her country, you stood in line and hoped to get bread at all. I was forever humbled and grateful.

And, yes, I agree that we need more actual natural food rather than aisles and aisles of pre-packaged items that we have to make into food…it is weird for sure!

@irid3sc3nt I know it is not a typical “map” but I had a bad day grocery shopping and told my husband that I really needed a map…the lightbulb went off in my head so I made one! ha ha

6 Likes

A friend of mine calls that the “Peanutbutter Dilemma”-- you go to the store to get a jar of peanut butter, stand in front of the Wall of different kinds, your brain melts down, and you end up going home with no peanut butter. (This may be the best metaphor for decision fatigue I know.)

3 Likes

I only need one more to fill up a second binder page. :green_heart:

5 Likes

@AIMR What a fun map of a grocery store. Great idea!!!

@thanate That Pony Express stamp card is great! I love the glossy thread juxtaposing the brown paper.

@curiousfae that Zetti-style card is absolutely amazing!

1 Like

We joke that my mom spends more time picking yogurt than she does picking a new car. :joy:

Such lovely cards. I’m feeling a little behind but am hoping to get on my cards this afternoon! They’re started, but then the month got busier than I expected. I always think I’ll have more time next month! Haha.

2 Likes

I received this card yesterday from @coryjo , she picked my stamp theme and did such a clever job of it! She used all types of stamps; ink stamps, cancel postal stamps, sticker stamp and a cute little hand drawn stamp. Thank you so much! It’s really great!

8 Likes

Those George Morrison stamps are very beautiful.
I changed up my extra ounce bunny stamps with school buses.

I’m a postage stamp nerd. :face_with_peeking_eye: