Ongoing ATC Swap Gallery/discussion for 2023

You’re welcome, glad you enjoyed! :slight_smile:

This is such a cute idea for the back!

1 Like

Those eyes are so expressive!

2 Likes

lol I received from @endymion and thought the ATC was lost when I opened the envelope and pulled out the cool postcard…it was just cleverly packaged! lol

I’ll take pictures when it gets a bit lighter outside…we have a huge dark thunderstorm right now…

2 Likes

I also received from @endymion ! A beautiful “Japanese Culture” from my theme list. I absolutely love it! Thank you so much!

10 Likes

Oh wow! I love the shape of the fish. Is it a stamps? They are so perfect!
And I really dig the colors. That greenish blue and rusty orange…… I love it!

3 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

I concur! Love the fish!

1 Like

Yes, stamps on a masterboard layered with gel medium, different inks, and a fine glitter mist. The colors are a little more vivid than they appear in the photo; probably leaning more red than orange.

I was so excited to have an excuse to play with that stamp! The colorful Japanese fish kites that celebrate children make me so happy. I learned about them when my Japanese mother-in-law sent us fish kites during my pregnancy, to fly when our (now adult) son was born.

4 Likes

Here is why I thought my ATC from @endymion was lost…I opened the envelope and found this cool postcard…

I couldn’t believe that the attachment was the ATC! WOW!

Thanks! I have only received two graphic and dizzying ATCs in this theme! I love it!

11 Likes

That is amazing! It looks so real.

1 Like

Recd from @GeekyBookworm

Fantastic sunset inspired by a scene from The Lion King. It’s so good. Perfect colors and depth of the landscape. And you nailed the tree!

She used gouache to paint it. Coincidentally I just broke out my gouache paints last night!

11 Likes

Very pretty! I love the color variations in the sky and the ground.

2 Likes

Is the texture from the paper? I love it!

1 Like

It’s very soothing.

3 Likes

I received a beautiful ATC today from @AIMR for my mimosa theme.

I had a mimosa tree in my yard growing up, so this one is very special to me. I love AIMR’s version of the puffy pink mimosa flower. Not sure if you can see it in the picture, but it has metallic accents, scattered across the card, but most dense toward the center of the flower. And the leaves are so detailed!

She also sent an extra gift: a fabric tree ornament.

In the picture, you can also see the handmade card she made.

Thanks, Linda! I love everything!

8 Likes

I also had a mimosa tree growing up in Texas. We had one in PA, but it was struggling. The pink puffs were always so pretty and airy and the leaves curled when you touched them, sort of a like a Touch-Me-Not plant. The only thing I didn’t like were the huge pods that littered the ground!

And, yes, I am doing anything I can to reduce my stash of fabric scraps, so any mail I send out is getting something made from scraps! lol

4 Likes

All the cards are so beautiful this round. makes me miss swapping. I am going to try to schedule in some time next month.

4 Likes

I received a beautiful tiger lily flower from @AIMR!

She also sent me a cute little Christmas tree ornament with this fun card!

11 Likes

Is that real stitching on the edge of the card or is it marker/pen/some form of ink?

1 Like